Jump to content

Here for the Wins

Supporters
  • Posts

    1426
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Here for the Wins

  1. You’re looking at it from an Ohio State perspective. Teams that you expect to fall in the 10-25 range may lose out with an extra loss. For this year, it’s a decent chance that UTSA and/or Texas State are solid opponents. At least relative to SHSU, UTEP, etc. I would wager many strength of schedules give too much weight to the bottom quartile of the schedule.
  2. But I gotta say if Crossland only gets 1 batter let Walker try the next two guys.
  3. Labor Day weekend is an ideal start.
  4. Maybe. I think he rushed the passer on a higher percentage of pass plays in 2025 than 2024. He missed two games in 2025. It would require a deeper look, but the offense wasn’t as good in 2025 and likely our opponents offense in 2025 were better than 2024. We had more injuries in 2025 too. Again, it would require some drilling down but on a per game basis it could be his havoc rate was down in the run game, which could be that Collins/Broughton/Lole/Norton made that easier.
  5. Stamina yes. But getting your ass handed to you by Leonard Davis then having to tackle Jamaal Charles in open space. And sticking with old guys, I’m not sure there would have been a place for Brandy Perryman on the football field.
  6. This team has plenty of capable arms. Will that match the timing of use, the matchups and the rhythm? That’s the question. There aren’t enough games/innings to keep everyone primed and ready to go. It’s a tough ask for Winter. He had a long layoff then pitched this weekend and now starting a game. It shouldn’t be surprising he’s a bit all over the board in performance.
  7. I’d challenge you here, but the narrative has been set in stone. Your last sentence implies that new defensive stuff was implemented. That’s in contrast to a point Will made about the defense being installed leading up to the season. Granted that’s Will, but I’d think most teams are this way. The biggest bust was the long Vandy TD. With backup safeties. That was also the Gruden/Pavia QB school “made the play up on the sideline.” There’s likely some plays that we’re calling “busts” whereas it was more discipline stuff and too much aggression towards the LOS so we get beat. There is a difference. People also ignore the matchups. Any discussion that is overly concerned about DB depth may be falling short of the full picture. I’m a Blitzburgh fan. Rod Woodson used to play off “a lot.” I wasn’t a fan but for different reasons than others likely think. It certainly wasn’t because Dick LeBeau was lacking in aggressiveness.
  8. Me either. But it makes sense regarding the strength of schedule. One could easily have a different methodology on that. I think for certain midweek games should be categorized differently. I believe Vandy got a bump last year, as played out in the committes mind anyway, that propelled them based on their SEC tourney run even though every game they faced a further down the line starter than they threw.
  9. Now that you mention it odds are way better in football. We should win it more often. I am not against you here. Just playing around. This team is fine. People blowing things out of proportion.
  10. It’s probably the general consensus that anyone would take their top two guys. So surprise I guess.
  11. So you’re comparing bottom of the order guys to top of the order guys?
  12. Schloss needs to give the ump an earful on the zone. The hitters are too comfortable in dictating the zone.
  13. You’re misplacing blame. Schloss was the guy who pulled Livingston after a double on the previous AB. Replacing him with a dude that’s hardly played. With a fast runner on 1st, being held on, you’ve got a hole for the hitter. Then Courville got the righty-righty matchup in top 8. Nevermind putting Larsen at 1st, which he hasn’t played. Oh did Larsen just miss a scoop?
  14. That’s because all those other sports have been held down for so long.
  15. Yet I’d rather see Diego Pavia succeed than Baker Mayfield. What does that say about me?
  16. Some people just watch different games. For the past two years, Borba has been more inclined to let close ones go by than swing at grossly out of the zone ones. Now, I didn’t watch today.
  17. I find a little humor in this. From what I recall, Guilbeau was pulled after this play. It looks as though the backer dropped to the left flat indicating Guilbeau isn’t cover 2. If Guilbeau was pulled, it was probably because he screwed up and maybe should have been cover 4. The Tampa 2 discussion was different because our middle of the field defender ignored the deep middle of the field receiver while at the same time the left safety took the guy heading to the middle, which again might lead you to cover 4.
  18. So again, Sarks first year had Overshown, Brockermeyer, Ford and Gbenda that logged the most snaps. Tucker-Dorsey was here in 2022 with pretty much the same guys returning from 21. So, yes, I find it difficult to credit a 1 year guy for having a dramatic impact on those other guys or the “room.” @akhookem the specific reference was to the LBer group. Then random credit given to a guy for inspiring the others. That doesn’t jive given how Overshown played his butt off. I’m not sure the others effort was questioned. I also thought the moment that you’re referencing had strong ties to TVondre Sweat. Yeah, he probably wasn’t totally invested at that point. And your perspective is ignoring the fact that people react differently to adverse situations. Change in coaches and schemes, injuries, losing all can impact a players “love” for the game. Even personal life can impact it. It’s far more likely a player realizes what the game means to them at 20 or 21 than all of a sudden love it. The list of core players from 21 that were a part of 22 and 23 is decently long. If you believe Herman was a piece of work, it shouldn’t be difficult to believe he took some joy of the game from some guys.
  19. So Jaylan Ford was forced to play? The only other guy that played was a walk on along with that Gbenda fella. I’m the guy that sticks up for plays that others feel it’s ok to bash or insinuate that they suck. I don’t recall guys not liking football. I think Jordan Whittington expressed some disatifaction about the game at one point too. That can speak to things other than how they feel about the game.
  20. Winning every 2 out of 3 games can take you a long way in the post season.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.