Jump to content

Here for the Wins

Supporters
  • Posts

    1426
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Here for the Wins

  1. If this isn’t a post after my own heart, I don’t know what is.
  2. This is shortsighted. If not for Tom Herman, I would have never known I’ve been dehydrated my whole life.
  3. Hand raised for being so sensitive and having feelings on a sport site. I won’t apologize for that. Sports can be very personal. I suspect they are for Smith. I have no idea what triggered his actions and will never know all the details. For now I won’t have an opinion given that limited information. As a younger dude, I’m not sure that I would have been so reserved.
  4. And if some other party failed to keep their word? Say regarding playing time?
  5. I’d think success regarding points of emphasis matters most. Of course, we’re limited on that knowledge because it may be player specific. The defense was missing two of its biggest potential playmakers. No material injuries still may be the biggest goal.
  6. This does not say Smith was out with the flu only that he’s out. I interpret as different statements.
  7. @jdhdavis Good points. The small sample size is a limiting factor that often drowns out the overall actual play. That’s a historical flaw in player evaluation and play too. Then feelings take over. Then true evaluation is lost. ive read discussions that Sark was distracted last off season. The play calling and game the first says maybe true. That were so physical in practice now says similar.
  8. And how’d you feel if voters passed on Kobe Bryant knowing he’d be there?
  9. Sounds like some confusion. The Big Ticket gets access to tickets and was available at least in June. The Longhorn Foundation piece gets priority access. The foundation piece opened today. Basically reiterating your statements.
  10. My post should have it was not a lack of physical talent rather than it was. He’s not top 25. But undefeated versus OU always worth a mention.
  11. Blake, you have no idea how shitty the QB landscape was in the state of Texas at that time. High school and college. And it was lack of physical talent.
  12. Brackens was a shining light in an era of dark and ill-advised defensive schemes. I would have a hard time putting him over Hampton though.
  13. The pressure rate was low. It’s not that there weren’t mistakes. The question is whether or not that’s abnormal. It’s one of two things (I’m open to other options). You screw up an assignment or you get beat straight up. This is one game in isolation. We start with a premise. We find 3 plays to prove a point. The data and the outcome would suggest those were minimal. So in evaluating the data, your assumption is that almost all other games, other players, other teams are straight up getting beat rather than blowing assignments. My assumption is that in the majority of games it’s a combination of both. Its a fans view of their own team rather taking a global perspective about the typical play around the nation.
  14. We scored 41 points. The most Michigan gave up all season. Here is some PFF data. Arch was pressured on 19% of dropbacks, only 3 of 8 were attributed to pass protection. Goosby, Robertson, Shannon. So I guess we saw all of them in that video. After watching the film Guy, I kinda thought “is that all you got?” On the season there were 169 qualifying QBs included. Only 10 were pressured less than 25%. Only one, Carson Beck, at less than 20%. So that Michigan game was a pretty low pressure rate. It was our highest P4 pass blocking game of the season except maybe Arkansas. This is the Film Guy’s, 3rd review at least, about Arch. He sucks. Well maybe it’s his foot. It’s the Oline. This one for sure falls short in relation to what should be expected, what actually happens, what’s typical for any game. All games against good, relatively evenly matched competition will have these type plays. And the misfire on the throw, there is something to the pressure. I think that is massively lost in the OSU game. Some of these mechanical issues are because the QBs view is distorted so they become off platform or the timing is changed because the window isn’t clean. Even the end zone view doesn’t always tell that part of the story.
  15. This is not correct. Not sure if you misquoted or if someone else misstated. I believe the 8% to be legitimate but not the 5%.
  16. This is a big point. MSU and Vandy were big plays. Georgia could have been. We threw few of these in the games preceding Kentucky.
  17. I think we’re kicking butt this year. Just play our game and the offense will hum along. Almost time to sit back and enjoy.
  18. Stroh’s overall grade was 59.7. His pass blocking efficiency was 94.7. Not good but not horrible. And since he hasn’t played in 3 years, I’d expect growth out him. Brooks was 36.6 and sub-90. Drastic differences. And I don’t fault Brooks, but that’s the biggest head scratcher as to why he played. CJ also pointed out in the past week that Brooks allowed pressure on 16% of pass plays whereas all others were 6% or lower. Only one of those was horrible. Basically the same as efficiency just calculated differently. So why am I so adamant in defense? Because the narrative starts off misleading. Some plays yes. Some plays no. Guys miss blocks all the time. I’d guess it’s much closer to 0% of plays than 100% that all 5 make a block on a given play. And you know Arch can dodge one on just about any given play. And versus OSU we had more yards rushing and yards per carry than anyone. So that doesn’t really compute as to how he screwed that all up. Ole Miss. Of their top 5 Olinemen in terms of snap count, two graded lower than Stroh. You do not get sub-60s by winning every play. I’m not arguing Stroh is better but rather all the other points. On any run, that’s at least two guys losing the play. It didn’t destroy their run game.
  19. Here is where I sit. Not an Oline expert but understand the game. PFF grades aren’t the end all, be all, but they provide a ton of context when no one can watch all their games. I understand why people watch only certain games, but that doesn’t convey context of whether that’s the standard game or a players best game or worst game. I will reiterate one of my points from several weeks ago. That essentially came up today. Our supposed strengths of the Oline last year had too many errors to start the season. It’s asinine to focus on the least experienced guy when versus OSU the majority of the big downs that we failed to execute was off the right side. Most teams 5th guy is mediocre at best. Go look at Ole Miss blocking grades. Compare our offensive output to Miamis, and they were universally a top 3 unit. LT, C, and Baker should all start better than we were a year ago. If Baker has a single with either 5 pressures or 2 penalties, I’d be surprised. And that was just OSU last year. Siani should ready. And the pass blocking efficiency outside of one LG was in a normality range. That alone works with this team. And without looking, our highest yards per carry last year came at the LG area. I’m not saying that’s because the LG but rather you can still make some hay even if you don’t have a plus player. And underappreciated last year was the return home. That helped the offense but also Sark opened up the screen game. Sub-10% versus OSU/UF, 20% versus Vandy. Our gameplans seemingly focused on us. Outliers early were UTEP at 70/30 run-pass and UF average depth of target at 20 yards. OSU didn’t replicate either. So a ln inexperienced team and we’re rolling different gameplans. I’m reasonably confident UF and Kentucky used their bye weeks to attack differently too. So that’s a lot of words to say if LG stands out, it’s likely because of unexpected issues elsewhere.
  20. This is it. And Goosby had what 2, 3 starts? Not sure how many snaps at Center Hutson had either. And Campbell for whatever reason had more penalties than ever. We aren’t even close to that this year. Sikorski may have more starts at Guard than anyone else we had back at their same position.
  21. Doing well so far. Thanks for asking. He’s striving to be the next Carson Tinney in your eyes.
  22. Seymore or whichever dude takes LG will be just fine. But y’all’s review of him is pretty weak. 2nd team All American. Yet 2nd team all conference. Not 2nd team all SEC or Big 10. Odd. His grades put him nowhere near all American and outside of WKU people who watches all their games? Phil Steele I suppose. WKU on straight drops got rid of the ball a half second faster than Arch on non-screens. So keep that in mind. Yeah he did well versus LSU. They had another OLineman give up no pressures. Another in addition to Seymore gave up 1. LSU’s interior guys graded out pretty meagerly on the season. The best guy at either run d or pass rush graded out at about 160th best in the country or something like that.Their overall rush defense graded at 43rd, pass rush 71st. That 71st tied with Arkansas. Did we score on them or not? I forget. The defensive teams WKU played were 123rd per FEI. In other words, his grades were compiled versus garbage. He had a stellar pass block game versus Sam. An atrocious run block game versus Sam. None of that means he won’t be fine or good. The experience and talent surrounding him is significant. We simply need to not have a repeat of one guy from last year (and I’m not talking about the guy that many of you morons throw out). But go on, continue with your misguided narratives and your limited perspectives. Thanks for your time.
  23. They should be student athletes. They should have to attend classes. Carson Beck received far greater benefit from college football than he gave to it for example. As I understand it, he wasn’t actually a student attending classes. That’s ridiculous. The SEC is protecting Kentucky and Vanderbilt and maybe some others. The Big 10 is protecting others yet little talk about kicking them out. lots of talking out each side of the mouth.
  24. Thought maybe you were having a stroke or something. 20-30 points more without Wisner is interesting.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.