Thursday: D-Line Coach Pursuit

3 hours ago, agentmule said:

odds a DL hire happens before Feb 7 signing day?

I hope it happens sooner, because if you heard them answer my question today on Coffee & Football, it is VERY UNLIKELY a top DL from Michigan (or anywhere else) will come to Texas without knowing who their coach will be. Those Mich guys may enter in the 2-4 days...hopefully we can sell them on who it will be, even if not official. 

I dislike being negative, I think Bo Davis did a lot for this program, but in a Mack Brown fashion he left us in a hole. He did not recruit consistently well and his late flip really hurt us in the moment. I do have faith that, as much as fans want instant gratification, Sark will find the right longterm solution. Even if it means a slight decline this year. We have positioned ourselves to be more balanced on defense and the heavy hitters at linebacker can take up some of the run slack. I am not saying we will see sub 100 yd rushing averages. But we can compete and win with what we have. It won't always be pretty, but neither was this year. Just different reasons. 

• Hook 'Em 1

@Bobby Burton would John Scott Jr be an option? He's been primarily a college coach, but now has a year of experience in the NFL under his belt. Tried to dig up some info on his recruiting chops, but haven't seen anything too positive. Looks like he struggled at first but landed done high profile guys towards the end. Perhaps now with the NFL on his resume, and the possibility of recruiting for Texas' brand, he could become more dynamic on the trail.

I watched a couple of his pressers, seems well-spoken, but doesn't speak with passion/intensity (at least in front of the camera, could be completely different in other settings).

Curious as to whether you've heard anything about him.

• Hook 'Em 1