Guts Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago I get ads bring in revenue, but this one feels pretty bad. 1 1 Quote
MBHORNSFAN Posted 58 minutes ago Posted 58 minutes ago 16 minutes ago, Guts said: I get ads bring in revenue, but this one feels pretty bad. Why ? Quote
Guts Posted 56 minutes ago Author Posted 56 minutes ago 1 minute ago, MBHORNSFAN said: Why ? Kalshi is a scummy company that gambles on anything and everything. I’m against sports gambling in general, but Kalshi is the worst of the lot. I even remember Bobby speaking against them in an episode a few months ago. Quote
harveycmd Posted 44 minutes ago Posted 44 minutes ago (edited) I hope they at least remove the banner from the screen. If we get fewer prize picks ads, it will be worth it. I've never bet in my life, so I don't get the attraction. The fact that there are constant gambling ads on all sports products tells me the world is full of suckers, but I guess I didn't need gambling goobers to prove that. Edited 43 minutes ago by harveycmd 2 Quote
Guts Posted 40 minutes ago Author Posted 40 minutes ago 2 minutes ago, harveycmd said: I hope they at least remove the banner from the screen. If we get fewer prize picks ads, it will be worth it. I've never bet in my life, so I don't get the attraction. The fact that there are constant gambling ads on all sports products tells me the world is full of suckers, but I guess I didn't need gambling goobers to prove that. Yea less prize pick ads would be nice. I don’t bet either, but the way it has fully taken over all sports is nauseating. 2 Quote
harveycmd Posted 35 minutes ago Posted 35 minutes ago 1 minute ago, Guts said: Yea less prize pick ads would be nice. I don’t bet either, but the way it has fully taken over all sports is nauseating. I'm glad Wemby called it out the other day. I've watched fewer OTF videos over the last six months or so because of the increased amount of gambling ads. Probably doesn't matter because the amount of gambling ads has only increased. I must say, however, if the banner remains I may be forced to boycott videos. There's only so much I can take. 2 Quote
Guts Posted 31 minutes ago Author Posted 31 minutes ago 2 minutes ago, harveycmd said: I'm glad Wemby called it out the other day. I've watched fewer OTF videos over the last six months or so because of the increased amount of gambling ads. Probably doesn't matter because the amount of gambling ads has only increased. I must say, however, if the banner remains I may be forced to boycott videos. There's only so much I can take. Hell yea Wemby was awesome for that and my respect for him shot up. I’ll still watch OTF because they are great and I do understand needing ad revenue, I just hate that it has to be from gambling companies. 3 Quote
Hookem72 Posted 30 minutes ago Posted 30 minutes ago 9 minutes ago, harveycmd said: I hope they at least remove the banner from the screen. If we get fewer prize picks ads, it will be worth it. I've never bet in my life, so I don't get the attraction. The fact that there are constant gambling ads on all sports products tells me the world is full of suckers, but I guess I didn't need gambling goobers to prove that. What it should also tell you is they are making an incredible amount of profit if they can afford to sponsor virtually any mid level enthusiast podcast that touches on sports. Look at the number of competing gambling sites now: draftkings, fanduel, kalshi, etc. they all spend big bucks to advertise and they still make a killing. I can write my picks down on a piece of paper and get the satisfaction of being right without the agony of losing money if I am wrong. Quote
harveycmd Posted 23 minutes ago Posted 23 minutes ago Just now, Hookem72 said: What it should also tell you is they are making an incredible amount of profit if they can afford to sponsor virtually any mid level enthusiast podcast that touches on sports. Look at the number of competing gambling sites now: draftkings, fanduel, kalshi, etc. they all spend big bucks to advertise and they still make a killing. I can write my picks down on a piece of paper and get the satisfaction of being right without the agony of losing money if I am wrong. Obviously the profitability is a prerequisite for the volume of ads. That only reinforces my point about suckers. If these gambling shysters weren't making money hand over fist, they wouldn't be able to afford the nonstop ads. If I don't like it, the only way to voice my displeasure is to alter my viewing habits. I personally don't consider gambling as any less of a vice than prostitution. People can spend their money as they wish, but I don't need to be around it. Quote
horns96 Posted 15 minutes ago Posted 15 minutes ago 12 minutes ago, Hookem72 said: What it should also tell you is they are making an incredible amount of profit if they can afford to sponsor virtually any mid level enthusiast podcast that touches on sports. Look at the number of competing gambling sites now: draftkings, fanduel, kalshi, etc. they all spend big bucks to advertise and they still make a killing. I can write my picks down on a piece of paper and get the satisfaction of being right without the agony of losing money if I am wrong. Profit? Like all the AI companies that have saturated all everything, but made very little …profit? Quote
harveycmd Posted 1 minute ago Posted 1 minute ago 5 minutes ago, horns96 said: Profit? Like all the AI companies that have saturated all everything, but made very little …profit? Many dot.com and tech companies didn't make a profit for years a couple of decades ago, but now they generate trillions of dollars. AI is situated to be more profitable than those companies because it's built on the infrastructure built by them while simultaneously superseding the previous ceiling, which is why they are all investing heavily in AI. This is beauty of human flourishing initiated by Western civilization embodied in the story of Odysseus. There is an inherent risk in venture capitalism, but the risk in gambling is a different order of magnitude. Another way of putting it is that gambling is a zero sum game; investing in business growth frequently results in increased wealth for all involved. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.