On the co-press announcement with A&M…

that is scheduled for next week.

I do not know what the announcement will be.

But I have confirmed with a high-ranking official at the University what it will not be — any sort of neutral site arrangement. Beyond that, you’ll have to stay tuned for what CDC and Trev Alberts have to say. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HookemDTX said:

Moving the game to Thanksgiving Day?

I grew up with this game on Thanksgiving and we still don't really know what to do with ourselves on Thanksgiving afternoon. The Cowboys just don't cut it but it will be hard to go head to head with the NFL. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Coco said:

I grew up with this game on Thanksgiving and we still don't really know what to do with ourselves on Thanksgiving afternoon. The Cowboys just don't cut it but it will be hard to go head to head with the NFL. 

It would be a night game with no other games on.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Coco said:

The Cowboys are what they are….a rich, underachieving, overpromising, uberhyping, always disappointing team with glitz, glamour, and zero to show for it. 

1 hour ago, Coco said:

I have zero idea why people misremember Texas vs ags as always on Thanksgiving every year. That is history reinvented.

The last 38 times (1974-2011) Texas played the ags only 14 times on Thanksgiving night. The other 24 times was the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving.

As a UT student, I still remember driving down to College Station in 1977 on the Saturday after Thanksgiving to watch Texas and Earl Campbell beat the ags 57-28.

Edited by marathon
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, marathon said:

I have zero idea why people misremember Texas vs ags as always on Thanksgiving every year. That is history reinvented.

The last 38 times (1974-2011) Texas played the ags only 14 times on Thanksgiving night. The other 24 times was the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving.

As a UT student, I still remember driving down to College Station in 1977 on the Saturday after Thanksgiving to watch Texas and Earl Campbell beat the ags 57-28.

image.gif.b1b17f2b4211498a9f9caec2232ae522.gif

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, marathon said:

I’d take a 57-28 Texas win this year.

• Hook 'Em 2