Need Answers… should be fun.. I think😂

It’s been 16 years since Texas was ranked #1, I was 11 years old. So needless to say I’ve been a Texas fan through the dark decade. Wondered through the wilderness with Charlie strong and was taught that winning is hard by Tom Herman. The question I have is what is your most memorable LOW POINT of the 2010-2021?2022? Years of dormancy?

mine has to be that 2016 trip to Kansas and laying that egg. I was bullied relentlessly for a week after that game 😂

• Thanks 1

2016 was bad, but I knew the team and program was a steaming pile of a$$ before then. Sarks first year was one of the hardest I can remember if we’re going from 2010 on. Bec that 08 Crabtree catch will forever haunt me. But getting Sark in, having hope, and then getting my teeth kicked in at Arkansas year one. Shaking it off, but then the collapse in the OU game? With the 6 game losing streak to follow was toughhhhhhh

2 hours ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

It’s been 16 years since Texas was ranked #1, I was 11 years old. So needless to say I’ve been a Texas fan through the dark decade. Wondered through the wilderness with Charlie strong and was taught that winning is hard by Tom Herman. The question I have is what is your most memorable LOW POINT of the 2010-2021?2022? Years of dormancy?

mine has to be that 2016 trip to Kansas and laying that egg. I was bullied relentlessly for a week after that game 😂

I'm an old and 2010-2021 doesn't come close to having the worst of Texas football.  Nothing in that time frame was as bad as "Rout 66", with UCLA kicking ass 66-3 at DKR-TMS on September 13, 1997.  It's the worst home loss in Texas history.  In retrospect, the only thing positive from it was that there was absolutely no possibility of John Mackovic being the coach in 1998 after that day.

I know that wasn't the premise of your OP, but thought I'd add some context.

Edited by southpaw
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

Low point was the INCESSANT losses to TCU. 

I absolutely HATE losing to TCU.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

That home loss to Cal will haunt me forever. Coming back from a 3 TD deficit in the 4th quarter just to miss the game tying extra point pretty much sums up that entire era.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bad Texas football days for me began with losing to Arkansas by a point on a failed 2 point conversion in Memorial stadium in 1964. Still the Orange Bowl victory over Alabama was some salve as it elevated Arkansas to their only natty in football.

1966 and 1967 were tough with losses to USC.  Then 1968 started poorly with a tie with Houston anda loss to TTU. But a guy named James Street took over at QB in the TTU game and almost won it.  He started the next 20 games and won them all.

Edited by Burnt Orange Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1