Bobby - your angst is unwarranted

These aren’t advanced analytic data points or anything, but seems like your “throw the record books out” is akin to thinking there are lower seed upsets/cinderellas frequently in march madness. 

since 2000, the margin of victory has been 14 or more 8 times. Double digits 10 times. The higher ranked teem has a record of 19-4 and only 3 where the lower ranked team was unranked.  It’s also worth noting that one of those years Texas lost to unranked OU but was only ranked 22.  The highest ranking of a team losing to an unranked team was #10.  

Too much work to figure out what those games are against the number but seems to be a bit of a misnomer that this game provides chaos year after year.  

• Hook 'Em 4

Egggzactly! During the time frame you mentioned Texas was hardly ever the better team. Texas played out of their minds. Even in the year where Caleb came in and saved ou, that was against a 5-7 team. With Caleb later going on to win the Heisman. Oklahoma doesn't have upset games against Texas during this twenty year plus stretch because they were almost always the favorite. Texas has upsets because we've been the most mediocre as mediocre as can be. The tide is shifting, we have identity, we have very few weaknesses while ou is trying to figure it out. If we can't beat a bruised and battered ou, while being as healthy as we're going to be; why do we think we belong on the same feild against a better UGA or aTm for that matter. 

• Hook 'Em 3

20 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

My prediction is 31-20 Texas.

Just because I worry and am open about that fact does not mean that I’m unable to think logically or think about what is most likely to happen…

But you can still throw the records out. 😉 

Bobby, we are going to whip their @$$.

I'm conservatively picking 34-13 but I really want to go to 45-13. They have nothing offensively to threaten our defense. Nothing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

My prediction is 31-20 Texas.

Just because I worry and am open about that fact does not mean that I’m unable to think logically or think about what is most likely to happen…

But you can still throw the records out. 😉 

I hear you! If Texas plays an A game today we should blast Oklahoma worse than we did Michigan. Especially with all the injuries the criminals have on offense. Like Rod B says we owe them an “Old Testament style butt whippin’” and would love to see that happen today at the cotton bowl. OU is dangerous like a wounded animal, but remember we just need to get by them we don’t need to try and get down there and mess with them. Let’s beat them playing our game, and leave their wounded ass for the next team to they play to get bit by. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Every year like clockwork. 

Early in the week - confident of a comfortable win. 

Mid week - all date points to a Texas win, but hear talk about how OU “could” win the game

Friday - less confident in a Texas win, concerned about what a loss would do

Sat - heart attack until game time  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Realist Horn said:

Every year like clockwork. 

Early in the week - confident of a comfortable win. 

Mid week - all date points to a Texas win, but hear talk about how OU “could” win the game

Friday - less confident in a Texas win, concerned about what a loss would do

Sat - heart attack until game time  

And more than half the time the heart attack is warranted! 😉 

• Haha 1