Is Johntay Cook hurt or in Sark’s doghouse?

Quinn doesn’t throw the ball to anyone but Helm or a check down. I don’t know how all these WRs are happy, there’s no way they can be. Dink and dunk offense with Quinn at the helm and it’s clear as day Sark has given up on calling deep shots because Quinn can’t throw them. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

Quinn doesn’t throw the ball to anyone but Helm or a check down. I don’t know how all these WRs are happy, there’s no way they can be. Dink and dunk offense with Quinn at the helm and it’s clear as day Sark has given up on calling deep shots because Quinn can’t throw them. 

Were number one in the country, nationally relevant once again, working on a top two recruiting class but “fans” like you are STILL finding something to whine about 😂 You can’t make this sh*t up 

• Hook 'Em 9

1 hour ago, TexasLonghorns said:

HAHAHHAHAHHAA

3 hours ago, TexasLonghorns said:

Never change texastwostepp

2 hours ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Were number one in the country, nationally relevant once again, working on a top two recruiting class but “fans” like you are STILL finding something to whine about 😂 You can’t make this sh*t up 

This ! 🤘🏻

13 hours ago, TexasLonghorns said:

Another issue I suspect is the oblique injury rehab and risk of re-injury on maximal throws which may have factored into the play calling decision.  We are really fortunate to have him back this soon and betting they are still limiting his maximal throws. If he comes out of this week with no issues then he likely goes back to his full arsenal.  I have no inside knowledge, but that is what I would do if managing his injury.

1 minute ago, David Latiolais said:

He may be the 4th or 5th best receiver on the team right now? There is so much talent, that playing time and # of catches will be limited. 

I also think that Sark will start to tighten his rotation at WR and that could hurt his playing time even more.

I agree with him being 4th or 5th best on the team right now. But I’m not sure Sark will tighten the rotation. Spreading the wealth has been very good in some ways. Other than Bond, there have really been few injuries out wide. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

Ryan Wingo needs more touches! I agree with what coach Shipley said during the watch with us. I understand him being a freshman, but every time he’s touched the ball it’s been a huge play. 

Agree with that. You can talk about the 17 year-old kid at Alabama 17 times, or the true freshman at Ohio State, and Wingo is equally as good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

He played. That is usually very wrong in the immediate aftermath of a game. 

It has been very wrong this year, and in some cases not even corrected over time.  Whoever has been assigned to tracking participant statistics this year has been doing a very lousy job.

• Hook 'Em 1

He certainly wasn’t prioritized this week, and for good reason. You can’t drop a certain TD with comparable fighting for oxygen on be sidelines while you do that. I watched him play in the fourth. Right in front of me. He absolutely played and was perfectly healthy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TexasMDcoach said:

Another issue I suspect is the oblique injury rehab and risk of re-injury on maximal throws which may have factored into the play calling decision.  We are really fortunate to have him back this soon and betting they are still limiting his maximal throws. If he comes out of this week with no issues then he likely goes back to his full arsenal.  I have no inside knowledge, but that is what I would do if managing his injury.

A really great point.

Not so much for Sark not calling the big boy throws, but Quinn, not unlike a RB coming back from an ACL tear, not trusting his body to perform without rein-jury or pain. That would jive with his happy feet, short arms, and generally not trying to rip many throws down field. 

• Hook 'Em 1