Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

So watching the Gators a lot.  And looking at the offenses this year, of his top 3, Florida has the most explosive offense and is putting up points.  They are the most attractive option at the moment.

  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
Posted

Florida’s scheme would allow him to put up big individual numbers.  The rollout playaction scheme  needs a great running game, but when the run works, the wideouts and tight ends feed.  

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted

Eh. Dude grew up a Gators fan. 
 

That being said, it’s not like they’re passing the ball all over the place. They’re feeding their mutant running back. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted
38 minutes ago, HookemTexas said:

So watching the Gators a lot.  And looking at the offenses this year, of his top 3, Florida has the most explosive offense and is putting up points.  They are the most attractive option at the moment.

agreed the crap we are putting out there isn’t very attractive to playmakers.  we don’t have a 50+ yard play this year and that’s playing two non P4s 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted

I think we need to just let this play out. If he stays he stays if he goes he goes. If we just handle are business on the field it will all play out

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted

In the article he specifically mentioned Florida QB Philo. And how he could see himself playing 2 years with him FWIW. 

Also saw where Sark was at Brother Martin today with Chris Jackson. Not sure if they are at his game tonight. But LSU staff will be there from what I read.  Coach O was at Brother Martin as well. Crazy but who knows until it happens.

Posted

 

TTown said:

Really had a lot to say on Florida. Baugh best back in the country. And much praise for Philo the QB. He evidently had a great relationship with Sumrall at Tulane FWIW.

Edited 6 minutes ago by TTown

 

Florida has a pretty easy pitch when he's already talking up both the QB and the back. Tulane connection at least gives it some actual history beyond just the visit.

Posted

The chances of Buster Faulkner being the OC at Florida after this season are slim to none. He'll be a head coach. 

The coronation of Florida after a pull away win over an emotionally spent Ole Miss team is typical overreaction stuff. They may be really good. They're not good defensively. Philo hasn't been tested. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Posted (edited)

If he flips go get a proven kid from the portal I don't know about y'all but I don't really care about this recruitment if he wants to stay he’ll stay if he wants to flip he could filp

Edited by Rajveer
  • Hook 'Em 2
Posted

 

Rajveer said:

If he flips go get a proven kid from the portal I don't know about y'all but I don't really care about this recruitment if he wants to stay he’ll stay if he wants to flip he could filp

Edited 2 hours ago by Rajveer

 

Portal's a different animal, but banking on it before the room shakes out can get thin fast. Still not worth treating one recruit like the whole offense depends on him.

Posted

When they play us and we can put the clamps on Baugh, can Philo win them the game? They have some good WR's and he does run the offense well. But without the run game, would it be similar to Tenn? 

Maybe I have too much confidence in the D and Muschamp lol. 

As for Royal, good on him. You should be enjoying the recruiting process and take a ton of visits. You're basically paying me to come watch your games, get the VIP treatment, etc. Even if I'm coming on my own, I still get the VIP treatment lol. 

Good for him. 

Posted (edited)

If we use Florida hype logic, Northwestern is now the best team in the country. They didn't run for over 300 like Florida on Ole Miss; they ran for over 400 on Penn State. Unstoppable.  

Edited by harveycmd
  • Hook 'Em 3
Posted

Honestly Sark hasn’t developed HS WRs at a consistent rate so I can see why he would consider it, but at the same time Royal is on a different level than those past recruits so I think he will succeed no matter the offensive system 

Posted

I remember thinking we would never win another game when Dakorien Moore committed to Oregon.  I'm starting to think these high profile HS recruitments are all about leveraging NIL investments from boosters.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Posted
17 minutes ago, harveycmd said:

If we use Florida hype logic, Northwestern is now the best team in the country. They didn't run for over 300 like Florida on Ole Miss; they ran for over 400 on Penn State. Unstoppable.  

To be fair, I have been really impressed with Northwestern. They've kinda surprised me so far this year lol. 

  • Haha 1
Posted
10 minutes ago, horns96 said:

I remember thinking we would never win another game when Dakorien Moore committed to Oregon.  I'm starting to think these high profile HS recruitments are all about leveraging NIL investments from boosters.

Well that and when you're the top dog, you can do whatever you want and no one complains. That and as I pointed out in another thread, Sark's most productive WR's in his tenure have mainly been portal guys. He hasn't really utilized his HS WR's outside of Worthy and Wingo. Livingstone and Moore got some play but both transferred out. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.