Califashorn75 Posted Tuesday at 02:16 PM Posted Tuesday at 02:16 PM I was an Assistant Principal in Albuquerque when he was head coach at NM. He came by the school several times as he was recruiting one of our lineman. He was always very kind and mild mannered. I am sad to hear of his passing. 15 Quote
HookedOnTF Posted Tuesday at 02:27 PM Posted Tuesday at 02:27 PM His greatest achievement may have been putting GP in line at TCU. Also, aggie jokes write themselves. Always. RIP Quote
Moderators Jeff Howe Posted Tuesday at 02:51 PM Moderators Posted Tuesday at 02:51 PM Fran guided Texas State into being an FBS program. I’ll always appreciate him coming back to San Marcos during that transition. 10 2 Quote
Holy Cow Posted Tuesday at 02:54 PM Posted Tuesday at 02:54 PM Wow, RIP. @Jeff Howe did you attend/graduate from TSU (SWTS)? Quote
Moderators Jeff Howe Posted Tuesday at 02:56 PM Moderators Posted Tuesday at 02:56 PM 2 minutes ago, Holy Cow said: Wow, RIP. @Jeff Howe did you attend/graduate from TSU (SWTS)? Yes. Graduated in 2009. I graduated high school in 2002, so I get to use the Tommy Boy line, “A lot of people go to college for seven years” and it applies. 6 2 1 Quote
NBHorn64 Posted Tuesday at 03:26 PM Posted Tuesday at 03:26 PM @Jeff Howe Fellow Bobcat here. I graduated from TSU (SWTS when I was there) in 1987. Quote
NTXHornsFan Posted Tuesday at 03:46 PM Posted Tuesday at 03:46 PM 47 minutes ago, Jeff Howe said: Yes. Graduated in 2009. I graduated high school in 2002, so I get to use the Tommy Boy line, “A lot of people go to college for seven years” and it applies. @Jeff Howe when told he had to goto class 2 Quote
Moderators Jeff Howe Posted Tuesday at 03:49 PM Moderators Posted Tuesday at 03:49 PM 2 minutes ago, NTXHornsFan said: @Jeff Howe when told he had to goto class Fairly accurate. Lol 1 Quote
Red Five Posted Tuesday at 04:16 PM Posted Tuesday at 04:16 PM 75. Older than I would have guessed. Quote
HonkEm Posted Tuesday at 04:28 PM Posted Tuesday at 04:28 PM He made a lasting impact on college football and on the many players, coaches, and communities he touched throughout his career. My sincere condolences to his family, friends, former players, and all who had the privilege of knowing him. RIP 2 Quote
Austalgia Posted Tuesday at 04:47 PM Posted Tuesday at 04:47 PM (edited) I played football for him one year at Southwest Texas before I transferred . He was a good motivator . RIP Edited Tuesday at 04:48 PM by Austalgia 3 Quote
Moderators Jordan Scruggs Posted Tuesday at 04:53 PM Moderators Posted Tuesday at 04:53 PM Know a few guys who played for him during his 2nd stint at TXST. They all loved him. A few played for his son at Blinn before transferring to TXST, too 3 Quote
Purplehorn3 Posted Tuesday at 05:32 PM Posted Tuesday at 05:32 PM Hard to believe he left 'Bama for college station Quote
Holy Cow Posted 49 minutes ago Posted 49 minutes ago (edited) On 10/6/2026 at 9:56 AM, Jeff Howe said: Yes. Graduated in 2009. I graduated high school in 2002, so I get to use the Tommy Boy line, “A lot of people go to college for seven years” and it applies. No worries! I took 14 years. I graduated in 1986 and finally graduated from UTA in 2000 (albeit I got 2 degrees). Life happens! Edited 49 minutes ago by Holy Cow Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.