Michigan coach to be penalized?

• Moderators
Just now, qaertyisthatdude said:

It should be, but the NCAA already said they won't do it.  Plus, the games were still played.  Vacating wins doesn't change any of that.

I mean, they will be able to say they were NC ... but I bet it's not looked at by the NCAA at NC long term. Maybe I'll be proven wrong

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

That doesn’t sound like a Jim Harbaugh staff.

Lol.  I keep waiting for the report of massive violations of practice time restrictions and impermissible in-person coaching to drop, but haven’t seen anything yet.  And Harbaugh walks away as an unscathed hero.

1 hour ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

It should be, but the NCAA already said they won't do it.  Plus, the games were still played.  Vacating wins doesn't change any of that.

NCAA has nothing to do with football titles. They don't award it like they award titles in every other sport.

8 minutes ago, FatherofMinky said:

I don’t think they should’ve been allowed in the playoff last year honestly

Yep or the B1G conference title game.  Think about who would’ve made the CFP if that had happened assuming Washington still beats Oregon, Bama still beats Georgia, Travis still not available, etc..  Washington would’ve faced Bama and Texas probably gets a more favorable matchup with Ohio State assuming Ohio State doesn’t jump past Bama after beating Iowa in the B1G title game.  Probably would’ve passed a Travisless Florida State team.  That title could’ve belonged to Texas.

Edited by qaertyisthatdude
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

That title will be vacated n time IMO 

Just like all the other times, it will be vacated and then restored at some random date “just because.”  Vacating all those wins would have a big impact on the all-time wins list.  

• Hook 'Em 1