Jump to content

CHorn427

Supporters
  • Posts

    1051
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CHorn427

  1. Nearly full control is the rule among contender HC positions in college. It’s the exception in the pros, and the places where more full control is the case in the pros, those jobs come open much less frequently than the crap shows with micromanaging ownership
  2. Yeah. We’re obviously not talking about Cal, Stanford or OU. We’re talking Texas and Notre Dame, and Freeman and Sark have ultimate control at both places. Coaches at all true contenders do
  3. college football coaches are the ultimate GMs of their programs. They have much more final say so over everything. Rare for NFL HCs to have final say so.
  4. You sacrifice control as a NFL HC. Many things are out of your control that could wind up getting you fired.
  5. We should be out of the playoffs if we lose to Michigan. They aren’t crap without Harbaugh and Stallions. If Sarkisian can’t beat Day in the 4th try in our home stadium with Arch in his payoff season, we have bigger problems than missing the CFP next year.
  6. Again, he's been good. Wouldn't call his full body of work great. Not calling for his job, just saying I think we would be ok with another guy. Also, there is ample room for the other guy to be even better. Especially at recruiting. Another thing: both of the guys you listed were late round selections. Jones was a quality placement in the draft based upon how much he had to be coached up, but in reality in 2025 every OL from Texas should be going to the draft with the resources we have. We should be able to recruit OL at a top 5 to top 10 level and develop all of our starters into at least seventh round picks. When we have OL starters going as FAs, that's when we're putting up under 50 yards rushing vs quality defenses and making Arch run for his life.
  7. There's actually another person on the committee that was a former Arkansas AD, Chris Long. So at least 1/6 of the voices on the committee are from Arky. I think 2 people on a committee could be pretty persuasive. But Arkansas is just one of the chiefs of Texas hate. And Yurachek is the chair. The chair does take responsibility for the actions and decisions of the committee. That always comes with the territory of being a/the leader.
  8. No, it's not bad. And I don't want Flood to leave. But "always top notch" is a strong statement with only 2 LTs in his track record. The RTs have been good not great imo. Again, I don't want Flood to leave. But I don't think it would be the end of the world if he did. I haven't been absolutely blown away by his full body of work, or his recruiting. I think upgrading could be a possibility.
  9. Hasn’t Kyle Flood only had like 2 left tackles the entire time he’s been here? Lol And one of those dudes was a prodigy
  10. Neal Brown was playing the long con, eh?
  11. Nick Townsend’s TD run vs TAMU was one I mentioned implicitly as one of 15 in my top 20! 😂 3 of the others in the 15 are the 3 times TAMU OL jumped offsides on 4th down in the second half, forcing punts. Doh!
  12. Nah, that’s dumb. The G5 needs something to boost their SOS relative to P5. This would do it.
  13. That’s what I said in my post when you said too much wear and tear. Take the two highest rated and do a play in. I’m fine with that
  14. There are probably 15 plays vs TAMU I’d put in my top 20 😂
  15. I will be truly sad if it ever goes to 24 teams. That is just trash. We can have no bowl games with 4 teams for all I care.
  16. A lot of people are saying the MState Mosley TD. If we're opponent agnostic, I can see that. That play still has a little bit of embarrassment for me that we needed that level of a play to beat MState.
  17. I do not care if we get weaker non con games as a result. I am PERFECTLY fine with Texas scheduling 3 non con tune ups before SEC play. Has worked wonders for seemingly everybody else. I never ever ever ever want to see a 24 team playoff or 8-4 teams included. The whole AP top 25 getting in is an absolute joke. We will see plenty of nice non con games in the playoffs.
  18. Arch up the gut vs TAMU. That one and the Niblett punt return vs OU are future jumbo tron material
  19. I firmly believe that if Notre Dame would have been included over Bama, the SEC (not only Texas) would have immediately began the move to cancel every future series with Notre Dame, and rightfully so. It would have painted an extremely clear picture that SEC schools are far more at risk for scheduling blue blood non cons than Notre Dame. Any SEC school that starts a season 0-2 is absolutely dead in the water. Might as well begin prep for next year. But I guess Touchdown Jesus allows Notre Dame to walk across that water SEC schools would be dead in.
  20. How about this, 4 team hybrid P4/G6 play in. #16 and #17 (P4 or G6) as the 1 and 2 seeds, Top 2 G6 champs as the 3 and 4 seeds. I like this idea rather than going to a full 24 team playoff for everyone. The whole damn AP Top25 does not deserve to be in the CFP.
  21. Best will always be subjective. I do think they need a smaller element of objective certainty. I’m fine with the top 15 having the chance and one G5 that has actually earned it getting a chance
  22. Alright, pick the best 2 and let them do a play in. Bottom line, I think it’s important for the G5 to be included, but I think they need to do more than what they do to earn it and I think there should only be one rep
  23. I disagree. The added games would increase their SOS to respectable/on par level with P4. Plus, they are probably going to lose against the first P4 team they play in the CFP. At least the guys on those teams could potentially have two more fun games together rather than dogwalked by the P4 team. It would be more rewarding for those teams to be proven to be the best G5 and have a championship to show for it. It would be a mix of the FCS and FBS championship models for the G6. FCS plays 5 playoff rounds + conference championships.
  24. This year, the first team out would be 9-3 USC. I don’t think the total G5 champ needs play them in this scenario. The total G5 champ in this scenario could be 15-0, 14-1 or 13-2. I think a team like that would deserve to be in without playing an additional game vs #16 USC at 9-3. I agree with the notion that the G5 should be included in the playoff. But the rigor that they have to show should be upped. I think a 4 team play in would be interesting and would make that champion deserving of being in
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.