Moderators Gerry Hamilton Posted September 7 Moderators Posted September 7 Derrek Cooper Update OTF spoke with a source close to the freshman running back. The source said Cooper has a “high ankle sprain”. His timetable for a return isn’t locked in right now. To add, several people close to Cooper were scheduled to fly from South Florida to Austin for the Ohio State game Saturday. Those plans have been cancelled. Steve Sarkisian said during Monday’s media availability that Cooper will be in a boot “until the foreseeable future.” 12 2 13 Quote
hookem1014 Posted September 7 Posted September 7 Really unfortunate. I’m sure his family had this game circled. I liked what I’ve seen from James Simon though, even last year. Let him get some reps if needed until Cooper is 100% 9 Quote
Sanka Decaf Posted September 7 Posted September 7 2 minutes ago, hookem1014 said: Really unfortunate. I’m sure his family had this game circled. I liked what I’ve seen from James Simon though, even last year. Let him get some reps if needed until Cooper is 100% Agree - we need a power runner and Simon did a nice job on Saturday. Until Cooper is 100%, I would welcome seeing Simon play that role. Defer to coaches who are closer, and I understand Brown was a good blocker, so that may come into play as to how much we see of Simon. 2 Quote
Moderators Jeff Howe Posted September 7 Moderators Posted September 7 ICYMI, this was Sark's update on Cooper today during the press conference: “Derrek’s in a boot and he’ll be in a boot until the foreseeable future." 1 1 1 Quote
4thandFive Posted September 7 Posted September 7 Sad for the young buck. But he’ll be back up and charging soon. 1 Quote
thatdude2 Posted September 7 Posted September 7 Cooper to the portal after James Simon takes advantage of this opportunity and MYIII solidifies a role in this offense. 5 4 Quote
thatdude2 Posted September 7 Posted September 7 I remember seeing the play, I’m glad he didn’t break anything. I hope my previous take is wrong, but James Simon could possibly be a really good running back for this offense. 3 2 Quote
SuperDave0805 Posted September 7 Posted September 7 Need Michael Terry and James Simon to step up and be that bigger between the tackles back 5 Quote
Atticus Posted September 7 Posted September 7 Tall 5-star running backs from Florida and the Texas Longhorns, maybe it just ain't meant to be. 3 Quote
hookem1014 Posted September 7 Posted September 7 14 minutes ago, thatdude2 said: Cooper to the portal after James Simon takes advantage of this opportunity and MYIII solidifies a role in this offense. There’s no way this staff lets Cooper walk. He will be RB1 next year and is allegedly great in pass pro. Sarks #1 requirement from a RB 2 Quote
Danimal Posted September 7 Posted September 7 19 minutes ago, thatdude2 said: Cooper to the portal after James Simon takes advantage of this opportunity and MYIII solidifies a role in this offense. What's your favorite flavor of crayon? 4 2 16 Quote
thatdude2 Posted September 7 Posted September 7 (edited) 38 minutes ago, hookem1014 said: There’s no way this staff lets Cooper walk. He will be RB1 next year and is allegedly great in pass pro. Sarks #1 requirement from a RB I’m hoping you’re right, and I agree with you. LWC is legit and Noah might be the perfect compliment. Lastly if James Simon can consistently pickup 3 or 4 yards when nothing is there, Cooper is going to have to be special to get the touches he wants. Edited September 7 by thatdude2 2 Quote
Jbro52 Posted September 7 Posted September 7 I’m sure this was why Terry and Ryan had the low number of carriers they did Saturday. Hopefully Cooper can get healthy soon! Quote
thatdude2 Posted September 7 Posted September 7 36 minutes ago, Danimal said: What's your favorite flavor of crayon? 🖍️ Quote
JurassicSark Posted September 7 Posted September 7 Is it just me or did Cooper look a little skinny? 1 Quote
HookemDTX Posted September 7 Posted September 7 2 hours ago, Danimal said: What's your favorite flavor of crayon? Doesn't matter as long as he gets a 64 count box( sharpener is optional). Quote
Alex Butler Posted September 7 Posted September 7 2 hours ago, Danimal said: What's your favorite flavor of crayon? Purple lol Quote
Moderators Gerry Hamilton Posted September 7 Author Moderators Posted September 7 1 hour ago, JurassicSark said: Is it just me or did Cooper look a little skinny? No. He’s very well put together and close to 210 7 Quote
akhookem Posted September 7 Posted September 7 Does Justin Wells just give himself a colonoscopy every time he reports news? He said yesterday that Cooper is fine and participated in a team workout, how in the hell do you report that 2 Quote
watty7796 Posted September 7 Posted September 7 Hope the young man heals up quickly and doesnt hit any setbacks. Is Simon a viable 3rd option or will they stick with just 2? He appeared to be decent between the tackles albeit it was against 2 or 3 stringers on the TXST side. Quote
Chris Simons Posted September 7 Posted September 7 Am I the only one that thought the Texas State player twisted that ankle on his way down? Quote
mmdaytontexas Posted September 7 Posted September 7 There might be a few hot takes on the portal if they watch this LWC kid run. He has so much Bejan in him with his making people miss, but with a lower center of gravity and built like a bowling ball. He reminds me of Quentin Griffin in college, who played for OU the last time they won the national championship. They are a similar size, with LWC being a little stronger, but both are quick, hide behind blockers well, and seem to bounce off tackles. LWC is a much more accomplished high school running back. QG was a home run find for Stoops. LWC is not surprising anyone. Quote
Daytripper Posted September 7 Posted September 7 Best case scenario with no setbacks in his healing/rehab? Four weeks? Six weeks? Anyone? Anyone? Quote
bourbasted Posted September 8 Posted September 8 6 hours ago, hookem1014 said: Really unfortunate. I’m sure his family had this game circled. I liked what I’ve seen from James Simon though, even last year. Let him get some reps if needed until Cooper is 100% I tell you what, I love my kids and if one of them got hurt before the game, that would obviously be my #1 priority. Once I know he/she is in good hands, my #2 priority would be getting on that plane to go watch an amazing college football game! If I already had it all booked, no way I'm missing it. 1 Quote
HookEm Posted September 8 Posted September 8 2 hours ago, Chris Simons said: Am I the only one that thought the Texas State player twisted that ankle on his way down? It was the play where he was wrapped up at the waist and the d tackles lower body rolls up on him while a linebacker drives him back over the d linemen. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.