Drew Saenz Posted 42 minutes ago Posted 42 minutes ago Just now, MBHORNSFAN said: Schedule is tough. I am sure if we drop one that will be what many fans use... I never expected us to go undefeated.... All I'm saying is that our best, highest paid player and leader should be held to a higher standard and I'm super frustrated about it. Don't think he got the benching he deserved. Attitude reflects leadership and the other players can all see what's going on. Quote
JurassicSark Posted 42 minutes ago Posted 42 minutes ago 1 hour ago, Drew Saenz said: Colin Simmons does not deserve to be heralded after his antics. Lost a lot of fans. These are the same folks who turned on Arch after he said a ridiculous AI video was funny. People just can't take a joke nowadays. Sure it's a little obscene to be simulating going to the bathroom but, as Colin said, it was in the heat of the moment and "it happens". Life's a little more fun when you choose not to get upset over these things. 2 Quote
TexasMDcoach Posted 42 minutes ago Posted 42 minutes ago In a record setting week by our rush end, all anyone can talk about is his crude act. Thinking this will be enough motivation to correct that behavior moving forward. 5 1 Quote
General Grant Posted 42 minutes ago Posted 42 minutes ago Just now, Clifton said: This thread has entered into absurdity. I wasn’t happy with the offense or the discipline of this team, but I also don’t think I could hold onto that passionate anger for two days. Well said 2 Quote
Q Posted 40 minutes ago Posted 40 minutes ago Good to see a lot of you never made dumb mistakes before. His just happened to be televised. I will give him a pass for this one since it’s not something he does regularly. Lot of emotional people in this thread. Would have thought he actually urinated on one of you lol 1 1 Quote
Drew Saenz Posted 40 minutes ago Posted 40 minutes ago Just now, JurassicSark said: These are the same folks who turned on Arch after he said a ridiculous AI video was funny. People just can't take a joke nowadays. Sure it's a little obscene to be simulating going to the bathroom but, as Colin said, it was in the heat of the moment and "it happens". Life's a little more fun when you choose not to get upset over these things. I actually didn't care about the AI thing at all. It didn't cost the team REAL in-game consequences. Simmons DID. I'm rooting for the team to win games. Going backwards in penalties because of lack of discipline is maddening. Quote
MBHORNSFAN Posted 40 minutes ago Posted 40 minutes ago 1 minute ago, Drew Saenz said: All I'm saying is that our best, highest paid player and leader should be held to a higher standard and I'm super frustrated about it. Don't think he got the benching he deserved. Attitude reflects leadership and the other players can all see what's going on. I am sure Boom and Sark handled behind the scenes... Fans do not need to know... 1 Quote
Drew Saenz Posted 39 minutes ago Posted 39 minutes ago Just now, Q said: Good to see a lot of you never made dumb mistakes before. His just happened to be televised. I will give him a pass for this one since it’s not something he does regularly. Lot of emotional people in this thread. Would have thought he actually urinated on one of you lol I don't get paid MILLIONS of dollars to know and abide the rules of the game. It's against the rules in every sport at every level. It's really not hard. Quote
Drew Saenz Posted 38 minutes ago Posted 38 minutes ago 3 minutes ago, TexasMDcoach said: In a record setting week by our rush end, all anyone can talk about is his crude act. Thinking this will be enough motivation to correct that behavior moving forward. EXACTLY. We should be celebrating a W on the road, but the GIF meme is all that's circulating now. Quote
Drew Saenz Posted 37 minutes ago Posted 37 minutes ago 4 minutes ago, JurassicSark said: These are the same folks who turned on Arch after he said a ridiculous AI video was funny. People just can't take a joke nowadays. Sure it's a little obscene to be simulating going to the bathroom but, as Colin said, it was in the heat of the moment and "it happens". Life's a little more fun when you choose not to get upset over these things. Additionally. I'm not offended by the gesture. Not my brand of humor or celebrating, but do it on the side line for all I care. The guy is compensated too much to have that bad of in-game behavior. Quote
Clifton Posted 35 minutes ago Posted 35 minutes ago I’ll say this, none of us know what was said or wasn’t said this morning. I never played college football, but I was in the military for 23 years and delivered some of the biggest ass chewings behind closed doors. I personally think that *some* of you are taking this a little beyond what I would, but people are allowed to feel however they want. There is irony though in the “these guys need to grow up” and proceeding to throw personal insults on a message board towards strangers afterwards. 😂 3 Quote
JurassicSark Posted 35 minutes ago Posted 35 minutes ago They won, Simmons will learn from it. No need to be mad. The gif is circulating because it's funny. Not something to get so hung up on. This is still kids in college, however much they're paid. 1 Quote
Drew Saenz Posted 35 minutes ago Posted 35 minutes ago 6 minutes ago, Clifton said: This thread has entered into absurdity. I wasn’t happy with the offense or the discipline of this team, but I also don’t think I could hold onto that passionate anger for two days. I wouldn't be if there were so many people who don't seem to see the issue. It's a team-wide discipline problem that's costing us real consequences in-game. I'm rooting for us to win, and it starts with our leaders. Quote
DanielOnorato Posted 34 minutes ago Posted 34 minutes ago 8 minutes ago, Clifton said: This thread has entered into absurdity. I wasn’t happy with the offense or the discipline of this team, but I also don’t think I could hold onto that passionate anger for two days. Absolutely agree. Time to move forward. 2 Quote
Drew Saenz Posted 32 minutes ago Posted 32 minutes ago 7 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said: I am sure Boom and Sark handled behind the scenes... Fans do not need to know... Proof'll be in the pudding. We'll see... Quote
Q Posted 31 minutes ago Posted 31 minutes ago 1 minute ago, Drew Saenz said: I don't get paid MILLIONS of dollars to know and abide the rules of the game. It's against the rules in every sport at every level. It's really not hard. Yeah I wasn’t talking to you directly. But I’ve never heard of money making a person less dumb or helping them learn from mistakes. Based on your logic people shouldn’t make mistakes at work either since they are getting paid. Why have an HR department then??? Because humans make mistakes lol. 1 Quote
Drew Saenz Posted 30 minutes ago Posted 30 minutes ago 4 minutes ago, Clifton said: There is irony though in the “these guys need to grow up” and proceeding to throw personal insults on a message board towards strangers afterwards. 😂 Who have I personally insulted? Quote
Here for the Wins Posted 29 minutes ago Posted 29 minutes ago 3 minutes ago, watty7796 said: Anyone doubting the difference between a PK defense and a Muschamp defense. This is the difference between a good coach and a championship caliber coach. Puts his guys in a position to win....consistently. Do you remember two years ago at A&M? You know a team, a program full of piss and vinegar. Do you remember how many offensive points they mustered? You were probably salivating over yourself that Muschamp that was going to relentlessly bring the house. We didn’t. We played a lot of coverage. This is a more talented, more experienced defense too as compared to last year. No significant injuries yet. 3rd and 12. The corners 7 yards off. Last year, PK, you’re a moron playing 15 yards off. This year Muschamp you’re a genius. And just for photo evidence of us playing off see below. This was Ohio State, and pretty certain we did it the other day too. I am pushing back because of the needless comparison. But some of the fallacy too. 2 Quote
Clifton Posted 29 minutes ago Posted 29 minutes ago Just now, Drew Saenz said: Who have I personally insulted? Did I say you insulted someone? Quote
MBHORNSFAN Posted 24 minutes ago Posted 24 minutes ago 9 minutes ago, Clifton said: I’ll say this, none of us know what was said or wasn’t said this morning. I never played college football, but I was in the military for 23 years and delivered some of the biggest ass chewings behind closed doors. I personally think that *some* of you are taking this a little beyond what I would, but people are allowed to feel however they want. There is irony though in the “these guys need to grow up” and proceeding to throw personal insults on a message board towards strangers afterwards. 😂 This.... I have moved on and said I am good with Simmons and was told I was blowing him... From a guy triggered who thinks Simmons needs to grow up and then tells me that... Rich. 4 1 Quote
Drew Saenz Posted 23 minutes ago Posted 23 minutes ago 5 minutes ago, Q said: Yeah I wasn’t talking to you directly. But I’ve never heard of money making a person less dumb or helping them learn from mistakes. Based on your logic people shouldn’t make mistakes at work either since they are getting paid. Why have an HR department then??? Because humans make mistakes lol. My logic is the consequence should be according to the level of transgression. The money is about the level of accountability you should be held to when entrusted with your role. Colin is at the very top. Doesn’t get a pass bc of a couple extra negative plays. Just my opinion. Quote
f1revo Posted 22 minutes ago Posted 22 minutes ago 17 minutes ago, TexasMDcoach said: In a record setting week by our rush end, all anyone can talk about is his crude act. Thinking this will be enough motivation to correct that behavior moving forward. You'd sure hope that'd be the case, but evidentially that's not proving out so far based on Simmons continued comments. 1 Quote
Alex Butler Posted 21 minutes ago Posted 21 minutes ago 16 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said: I am sure Boom and Sark handled behind the scenes... Fans do not need to know... Agree! These guys also get to see a leader make a mistake, take ownership, and hold themselves and others to a higher standard. When that happens it’ll be a big positive step for this whole team. Mistakes happen it’s how we respond that show our true character. 5 Quote
f1revo Posted 19 minutes ago Posted 19 minutes ago 8 minutes ago, Here for the Wins said: Do you remember two years ago at A&M? You know a team, a program full of piss and vinegar. Do you remember how many offensive points they mustered? You were probably salivating over yourself that Muschamp that was going to relentlessly bring the house. We didn’t. We played a lot of coverage. This is a more talented, more experienced defense too as compared to last year. No significant injuries yet. 3rd and 12. The corners 7 yards off. Last year, PK, you’re a moron playing 15 yards off. This year Muschamp you’re a genius. And just for photo evidence of us playing off see below. This was Ohio State, and pretty certain we did it the other day too. I am pushing back because of the needless comparison. But some of the fallacy too. This is 3rd and 18 in high red area and likely taking a shot at the end zone. We were playing 10 yards off on 3rd and 6 last year in between the 20s just giving up easy underneath completions. We played super soft coverage nearly all the time. Quote
Drew Saenz Posted 14 minutes ago Posted 14 minutes ago 9 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said: This.... I have moved on and said I am good with Simmons and was told I was blowing him... From a guy triggered who thinks Simmons needs to grow up and then tells me that... Rich. Obviously someone incapable of making valid arguments. Won’t get personal attacks from me. I’ll see ya at the tailgate! Haha 3 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.