UT Longhorn Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago I'm over the Prize Picks ads myself. I'll welcome Kalshi or any other ad to break up the monotony of the Prize Picks ads. I feel like i can't escape them and that they go on for days 😆 2
Guts Posted 5 hours ago Author Posted 5 hours ago 3 minutes ago, Shmatt said: It’s ruining a lot more important aspects of life than sports, if you’re that soft about it than just skip it or don’t watch it. I never have my adds on when I watch the games anymore because of how many there are I mean doesn’t that just solidly my point? It’s not soft to voice an objectionable opinion.
Bobby Burton Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago We have partnered with Kalshi. You will hear much fewer reads but see an ongoing logo. It’s an exchange for us to do not do as many reads. 9 1 1 1
JMarquette Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago Will we be getting odds for every travel game for @CJ Vogel going to the wrong airport? 4
Shmatt Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago (edited) 4 minutes ago, Guts said: I mean doesn’t that just solidly my point? It’s not soft to voice an objectionable opinion. Making a whole thread to whine about it is objectively pointless It’s OU week, and what a OTF does to stay in business is their business. Look forward to better things rather than focusing on the negative Edited 5 hours ago by Shmatt 3
UT Longhorn Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago 2 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said: We have partnered with Kalshi. You will hear much fewer reads but see an ongoing logo. It’s an exchange for us to do not do as many reads. Sounds like the perfect solution to me. Thanks @Bobby Burton for making OTF the best in the business and for continuously working to keep it that way. 3
Guts Posted 5 hours ago Author Posted 5 hours ago 4 minutes ago, Shmatt said: Making a whole thread to whine about it is objectively pointless It’s OU week, and what a OTF does to stay in business is their business. Look forward to better things rather than focusing on the negative That’s the point of the board is to post your opinions. You calling it whining and soft and saying I’m offended doesn’t rebuttal what I’m saying.
Oldest Horn Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago 40 minutes ago, Guts said: Alcohol isn’t ruining sports Can you elaborate on how Kalshi has ruined sports for you?
Alex Butler Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago 39 minutes ago, harveycmd said: Bobby has control over read ads and banners. Do you goobers know your butt from a hole in the ground? That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking specifically about the ads that interrupt the streams that are posted on Apple and other podcast platforms not the ad reads and banners. No need for name calling when we’re talking about completely different things. 2
Guts Posted 5 hours ago Author Posted 5 hours ago (edited) 7 minutes ago, Oldest Horn said: Can you elaborate on how Kalshi has ruined sports for you? Sports gambling has integrated itself into every aspect of sports. We have players gambling on their own teams and it causes doubt every time you watch a bet line magically happen (like with the 2 point conversion against vandy last year). Sports gambling is one of the worst things to happen to sports. Edited 4 hours ago by Guts
Oldest Horn Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago 2 minutes ago, Guts said: Sports gambling has integrated itself into every aspect of sports. We have players gambling on their own teams and it causes doubt every time you watch a bet line magically happen (like with the 2 point conversation against vandy last year). Sports gambling is one of the worst things to happen to sports. So you think Texas is in on the fix given that two point conversion?
Alex Butler Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago Just now, Oldest Horn said: So you think Texas is in on the fix given that two point conversion? No but the refs might have been 1
Oldest Horn Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago Just now, Alex Butler said: No but the refs might have been Of course, because the call went against us. I suppose calls that go our way are never an issue. 1
Guts Posted 4 hours ago Author Posted 4 hours ago Just now, Oldest Horn said: Of course, because the call went against us. I suppose calls that go our way are never an issue. It has nothing to do with it being Texas, I was just using that as an example. My point is people will see that it affected the line and it will cast doubt. Also all the NBA players recently indicted for gambling. I feel like very time you and I get into these discussions, you have no idea what I’m actually saying.
harveycmd Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago 6 minutes ago, Alex Butler said: That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking specifically about the ads that interrupt the streams that are posted on Apple and other podcast platforms not the ad reads and banners. No need for name calling when we’re talking about completely different things. 9 minutes ago, Alex Butler said: That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking specifically about the ads that interrupt the streams that are posted on Apple and other podcast platforms not the ad reads and banners. No need for name calling when we’re talking about completely different things. I don't care about stream ads. I skip them. 2
Oldest Horn Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago Just now, Guts said: It has nothing to do with it being Texas, I was just using that as an example. My point is people will see that it affected the line and it will cast doubt. Also all the NBA players recently indicted for gambling. I feel like very time you and I get into these discussions, you have no idea what I’m actually saying. Lines have been “affected” by fluke plays and bad calls since forever. Quite frankly, legalized and above board forums like Kalshi have done more to police bad actors than the old bookie system.
Guts Posted 4 hours ago Author Posted 4 hours ago 5 minutes ago, Oldest Horn said: Lines have been “affected” by fluke plays and bad calls since forever. Quite frankly, legalized and above board forums like Kalshi have done more to police bad actors than the old bookie system. Quite frankly, no it hasn’t. If you think Kalshi is doing any kind of policing, you are delusional.
Beard N Balls Bundle Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago 9 hours ago, harveycmd said: I hope they at least remove the banner from the screen. If we get fewer prize picks ads, it will be worth it. I've never bet in my life, so I don't get the attraction. The fact that there are constant gambling ads on all sports products tells me the world is full of suckers, but I guess I didn't need gambling goobers to prove that. I never want to hear another prize picks ad again 1
Oldest Horn Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago 1 minute ago, Guts said: Quite frankly, no it hasn’t. If you think Kalshi is doing any kind of policing, you are delusional. Is this a Kalshi rant or sports betting? Because several platforms have been instrumental in reporting suspicious behavior. 1
harveycmd Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago @Gerry Hamilton Jadan Baugh ain't anywhere close to Emmitt Smith.
harveycmd Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago Which is the same as saying Florida sucks ass. Gerry and Bobby.
Guts Posted 4 hours ago Author Posted 4 hours ago 7 minutes ago, Oldest Horn said: Is this a Kalshi rant or sports betting? Because several platforms have been instrumental in reporting suspicious behavior. It’s both. Kalshi is the worse of the lot imo.
Oldest Horn Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago 1 minute ago, Guts said: It’s both. Kalshi is the worse of the lot imo. How so? Please explain.
Recommended Posts