Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Just now, Guts said:

Why are you getting so heated about this? How is me posting my opinion on Kalshi controlling others lives? You are projecting quite a bit here. 

Keep us posted 

Posted
Just now, Guts said:

Why are you getting so heated about this? How is me posting my opinion on Kalshi controlling others lives? You are projecting quite a bit here. 

When I was a kid, we had a drug store downtown in my little East Texas townthat still had ice cream and soda.  My grandpa would take me there and let me get a scoop of butter pecan.  

I also remember there was always two old grumpy farmers sitting at a table drinking coffee.  My grandpa told me to stay away from them because they were just bitter old guys who were angry at the world and wanted to argue and complain.    I just remembered tbeir names.  Oldesthorn and MBHornsfan.  

  • Haha 3
Posted
18 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

 

So you want to control other adults lives?  Why don't you live yours and leave others alone.  

Be sure not to vote if you feel this way. Every vote  you cast is to influence things to be more like the way you want them to be, at the expense of things not being the way others want them to be.

There is literally not a way to truly “live and let live” without becoming a monk.

And honestly, I do share OP’s sentiment and believe Kalshi and Polymarket should not only not be advertised by OTF, but should be illegal. It’s far beyond sports betting. 
 

Just curious, do you think prostitution, heroin, cocaine, etc should be legal? 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
Posted
5 minutes ago, CHorn427 said:

Be sure not to vote if you feel this way. Every vote  you cast is to influence things to be more like the way you want them to be, at the expense of things not being the way others want them to be.

There is literally not a way to truly “live and let live” without becoming a monk.

And honestly, I do share OP’s sentiment and believe Kalshi and Polymarket should not only not be advertised by OTF, but should be illegal. It’s far beyond sports betting. 
 

Just curious, do you think prostitution, heroin, cocaine, etc should be legal? 

 

Yes. 

Posted

I actually think DraftKings or something like that is where to draw the line. Being able to place bets on world affairs, anything and everything, is incredibly unethical and problematic imo. 
 

Yes, I get this is done with good intentions of making payroll. But that is an “ends justify the means” approach. Have to ask yourself if the ends justify your means, or if morals and ethics do.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Confused 1
Posted
19 minutes ago, Hookem72 said:

When I was a kid, we had a drug store downtown in my little East Texas townthat still had ice cream and soda.  My grandpa would take me there and let me get a scoop of butter pecan.  

I also remember there was always two old grumpy farmers sitting at a table drinking coffee.  My grandpa told me to stay away from them because they were just bitter old guys who were angry at the world and wanted to argue and complain.    I just remembered tbeir names.  Oldesthorn and MBHornsfan.  

 

Except unlike most olds I support allowing people to live their lives as they see fit and not how others want them to. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, CHorn427 said:

Be sure not to vote if you feel this way. Every vote  you cast is to influence things to be more like the way you want them to be, at the expense of things not being the way others want them to be.

There is literally not a way to truly “live and let live” without becoming a monk.

And honestly, I do share OP’s sentiment and believe Kalshi and Polymarket should not only not be advertised by OTF, but should be illegal. It’s far beyond sports betting. 
 

Just curious, do you think prostitution, heroin, cocaine, etc should be legal? 

It’s not that deep I promise you that😭 this is a fricking Texas fan club at heart. All those things you listed below OTF hasn’t endorsed in any way shape or form nor does it correlate to anything said in this thread.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
13 minutes ago, CHorn427 said:

Be sure not to vote if you feel this way. Every vote  you cast is to influence things to be more like the way you want them to be, at the expense of things not being the way others want them to be.

There is literally not a way to truly “live and let live” without becoming a monk.

And honestly, I do share OP’s sentiment and believe Kalshi and Polymarket should not only not be advertised by OTF, but should be illegal. It’s far beyond sports betting. 
 

Just curious, do you think prostitution, heroin, cocaine, etc should be legal? 

Yes no and no

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
3 minutes ago, Shmatt said:

It’s not that deep I promise you that😭 this is a fricking Texas fan club at heart. All those things you listed below OTF hasn’t endorsed in any way shape or form nor does it correlate to anything said in this thread.

The point of this post is OTF has endorsed Kalshi, which OP has stated (and I agree) is as unethical as prostitution.

  • Haha 2
Posted
1 minute ago, CHorn427 said:

The point of this post is OTF has endorsed Kalshi, which OP has stated (and I agree) is as unethical as prostitution.

Tf kind of escalation is that😭, not even close to the same level of crime. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, CHorn427 said:

The point of this post is OTF has endorsed Kalshi, which OP has stated (and I agree) is as unethical as prostitution.

I never compared Kalshi to prostitution lol. I do believe Kalshi is unethical, but it’s hard to compare those 2 subjects. Kalshi is problematic for a whole other set of reasons. 

  • Haha 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, Shmatt said:

Tf kind of escalation is that😭, not even close to the same level of crime. 

Yea not sure where that came from cuz it certainly wasn’t me lmao. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Shmatt said:

Tf kind of escalation is that😭, not even close to the same level of crime. 

Does the legal penalty determine the level of ethics?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Guts said:

Yea not sure where that came from cuz it certainly wasn’t me lmao. 

Yeah ik you didn’t idk where he got that from dw. you have been keeping it strictly sports.

Edited by Shmatt
Posted
13 hours ago, Guts said:

I get ads bring in revenue, but this one feels pretty bad. 

you get that people like Burton, Hamilton, Howe, and the long list of folks hustling every single day to get you insider news takes money right?  You think your few bucks a month alone covers all that???

Posted
1 minute ago, Guts said:

Yup. If you read my post it said “I get that ads bring in revenue.” I can still say Kalshi is a scumbag company that preys on people.  

Are you also upset by Prize Picks or an ad about Las Vegas?

Or is it Kalshi specifically?

Kalshi has a lower % than both of those places fwiw.

  • Hook 'Em 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.