Moderators CJ Vogel Posted 3 hours ago Moderators Posted 3 hours ago Cameron Dicker – and the party that ensued afterwards. That was an absolute blast as a student Quote
Alex Butler Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Stony Clark, Rod B pick 6 2002 (my first TX/OU game), 2005, Shipley kickoff 2008, Chris Whaley 2013, 2015, 2022! 3 Quote
Oldest Horn Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 2 hours ago, Here for the Wins said: The Billy Pittman TD before half was the nail in the 2005 coffin. 2008 was awesome. The Cosby decleator as mentioned previously. So many great memories (and several bad ones, sadly) to choose from, but that Pittman TD still resonates with me. That time of the game was usually a time when we would take the foot off the gas and slide into halftime with a decent lead. That play spoke for what we became in 2005, when we would choke out anyone in our path. That attitude got us a natty. 1 Quote
chennups Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 5 hours ago, John F. said: Easily the Jamaal Charles run in 2005. That brutal five year losing streak seemed like an eternity, spanning the entire time I was at UT. Before that run it was a close game and I think we had fumbled or something just before, and it felt like we were about to fall apart again. Then Charles was just gone and it was never close. This. I had just moved out of state for first time in my life. Was walking to Texas exes watch party and I walked into the bar right then. First time we made a big play in 5 years and won on the way to the natty! Quote
Carlos Ramirez Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago Stony, Stony, Stony!!!!!! He is forever a cult hero. I met him a few years ago and he is one hell of a nice guy. 1 Quote
Moderators Jordan Scruggs Posted 1 hour ago Moderators Posted 1 hour ago Have only been in person for 2022 (49-0), 2024, 2025, and I'll be back this year. The 49-0 and 2025 games were the most fun. The Niblett punt return TD was the biggest crowd pop I've heard in those 3 games. The Dicker the kicker game winner and Chris Whaley moments were super memorable watching on TV as a kid Quote
Califashorn75 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago Shipley with the touchdown! And Case McCoy being a dog out there too. Quote
Steven Conant Posted 38 minutes ago Posted 38 minutes ago A personal story from my first OU game. I was about 20 at the time. OU won the game and an old man (probably 60) in a Crimson sport coat was staggering up the stands to leave. He was pretty drunk and starts giving me all kinds of crap from 8 rows away. The closer he got, the more belligerent he got. Thought I needed to stand up before he got to me and as I did, I could see him realize that he wasn't 20 any more and was being an ass. I wished him well with the DPS on his trip back to Oklahoma as he passed by. The game was an intense experience, I was drained and had a migraine headache at the end. That is when I realized just how crazy this rivalry is. Truly hated OU since then...until my son decided to go there for school LOL! Quote
Wentwood Posted 15 minutes ago Posted 15 minutes ago 3 hours ago, Bobby Burton said: For me, it was my first one to attend as a student. 1989. Johnny Walker from Peter Gardere. Only better moment as a fan was the Rose Bowl. That's the great thing about this game. It makes new lifelong fans and memories every single year. Pretty sure I was on the goal post when it came down that day! Broke a long losing streak for us and my first year graduated! Almost made it into the locker room to celebrate with the team. Was a few steps in before security grab me and my college roommate. Lol Good times!! Quote
coltonmartinez Posted 14 minutes ago Posted 14 minutes ago As an LHB Member 2020-2024 all of them because of the hotel parties and post game Babe’s Chicken with cherry cobbler lol. But definitely the 2022 49-0 shutout! Quinn made his return after he got hurt in the Bama game. Davis Beville looked so bad we were chanting “We want (General) Booty.” Quote
mcwast Posted 9 minutes ago Posted 9 minutes ago ramonce taylor's reception in 05 (before pittman's). i believe it was the first receiving TD by a Texas receiver since 99. billy pittman's td: it felt like everyone in the stadium knew it was coming and there was not a dang thing ou could do about it. hearing about VY taunting the ou defenders before the play made it even better. robison hammering bomar. shipley's return in 08 quan's de-cleater in 08 dicker's kick marcus johnson's long td and daje johnson's punt return in 2013 were awesome too. i walked into the cotton bowl expecting to watch a funeral for mack's career, but we punched them in the mouth. he saved the funeral for the baylor ice fog game, which i also attended, unfortunately. Quote
Shmatt Posted 2 minutes ago Posted 2 minutes ago Hmmmmm 49-0 also some of the Charlie Strong wins, it’s part of the reason I started to love the college game way more than the NFL. There is just way more passion! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.