Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hypothetically, Muschamp is head coach after Sark wins a natty and goes to the NFL.  For or against? 

Answers from coaches who have coached high school or above preferably, but I’ll take any answers.  

Edited by Dr. Love
  • Haha 2
Posted

He’s a phenomenal DC, but he looked like Venables as a HC in terms of great D, disappointing O.  If he could hire a great OC (both play caller and recruiter) and give him authority - a Muschamp under Sark except on offense - he could be successful, but he failed to do that at his previous stops, including Florida where he had tons of resources.

  • Hook 'Em 3
Posted
6 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Hypothetically, Muschamp is head coach after Sark wins a natty and goes to the NFL.  For or against? 

Answers from coaches who have coached high school or above preferably, but I’ll take any answers.  

Definitely against. History needs to be a good teacher.

  • Moderators
Posted

Coach Muschamp has always been the guy hired after a legend leaves or retires. Followed Urban at Florida and Spurrier at South Carolina. It was get fired jobs, but he didn't maximize them either as others have pointed out. 

He probably has learned a lot in those two HC stops ... but I don't think he's interested in being a HC again. I could be proven wrong, but it would be a surprise. 

 

  • Hook 'Em 3
Posted
7 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Coach Muschamp has always been the guy hired after a legend leaves or retires. Followed Urban at Florida and Spurrier at South Carolina. It was get fired jobs, but he didn't maximize them either as others have pointed out. 

He probably has learned a lot in those two HC stops ... but I don't think he's interested in being a HC again. I could be proven wrong, but it would be a surprise. 

 

If he really has learned and he's still here when Coach Sark wants to leave, I'd take a look at him but his two previous stops with any lack of focus on the O was disappointing. I'm sure he'd jump at the chance for a job like Texas but I'm not sure he'd be interested in taking a middle of the road type of job.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Coach Muschamp has always been the guy hired after a legend leaves or retires. Followed Urban at Florida and Spurrier at South Carolina. It was get fired jobs, but he didn't maximize them either as others have pointed out. 

He probably has learned a lot in those two HC stops ... but I don't think he's interested in being a HC again. I could be proven wrong, but it would be a surprise. 

 

Who would be your first call if let’s say Texas wins a natty and Sark goes to the NFL?

Posted
8 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Hypothetically, Muschamp is head coach after Sark wins a natty and goes to the NFL.  For or against? 

Answers from coaches who have coached high school or above preferably, but I’ll take any answers.  

Sark won’t be leaving Texas . He feels at home in Texas . Sark is building a dynasty at Texas . Enjoy the ride !

  • Hook 'Em 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.