Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Gerry's point isn't that Arch can't play. It's that the same mistakes we all brushed off in September are now showing up in game-changing moments.

The concern isn't the interceptions themselves. Every QB throws picks. The concern is that too many of them come from trying to make a hero play when the correct play is simply living for the next down.

That said, some of this thread is acting like a 20-start QB can never improve. We literally watched Quinn make major strides from one season to the next. Arch either learns from this stretch or he doesn't, but I'm not ready to declare him a bust or fire Sark because of one awful quarter against OU.

Reading this thread you'd think Texas is 1-5 instead of coming off its first loss.

Yesterday Arch was a future No. 1 pick. Today he's a bust, Sark can't coach, and apparently Muschamp is riding in on a white horse to save the program.

Never change, message boards. 😂🤘

  • Hook 'Em 2
Posted
3 hours ago, General Grant said:

I’m of the opinion this needs to be his last year at Texas.  And he is far from the only issue. 

I agree with you,  

I'm not for sitting him,  but he needs to go on to the league because he's not getting any better here.  

Ready to see what K.J. can do.   

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted

Arch looks elite 20% of the time, but the other 80% looks like he’s seen a ghost or has no clue what football is. 4th year in college, access to the best QB coaching his entire life. At some point it’s just done, give it up.

Also, remember when Sark treated him like he was Tom Brady in the spring and sat him out from anything live? Good move Sark, I can tell he hasn’t played football all year until the season came around.

This is on Sark and Arch both, but for Arch I just don’t get why things have to get desperate for him to finally look competent and look like he understands his job out there. Until things get desperate he looks like a lost child in the mall.

Posted
38 minutes ago, pinkman_90 said:

Right.  I’m just saying if you evaluated him only based on the disaster with the jets, you’d think he’d have zero idea how to read a defense or make decisions.  

Sometimes it’s fit, sometimes it’s maturity. Kurt Warner is in the HOF, how many years was he in the minors?

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
Just now, Oldest Horn said:

Sometimes it’s fit, sometimes it’s maturity. Kurt Warner is in the HOF, how many years was he in the minors?

And sometimes the QB just isn’t good.  All can be true.  I just don’t know with Arch yet to write it down in permanent marker.  

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted

Calling a spade a spade for me is putting this on Arch’s shoulders. I understand special teams can’t give up that punt block TD. Defense was a bit leaky but still damn good enough to win. Sark can improve some play calling, but at the end if the QB can’t go through his reads and simply throw the ball away when needed, we aren’t going to accomplish what we want. I’ve defended Arch till yesterday I’m done, he’s been in the system for 4 years, starting full time for 2 and he still can’t be consistent, we’ve won big games but I can make the argument our defense has been a bigger factor for those wins. I’ve come to terms that Arch is just an average qb at best with some random big plays here and there.

Posted

I said the other day in a post that it’s a large enough sample size now that Arch is what he is. He’s not miraculously getting a lot better with a good week of practice.  Arch is a good QB, good athlete, but he not elite……not a Heisman Trophy contender type guy like everyone was hyping him to be.  I accepted it awhile back.  We’ll win alot of games with him but we aren’t going to beat the likes of Georgia.  It’s just not happening.  Alot of it is on Sark.  Sark’s not an elite offensive mind.  I accepted that awhile back too.  
 

I’ve said this numerous times that I don’t see how a person can call offensive plays and be the head coach at The University of Texas.  Some other places you can be at Texas there is too much of a demand on his time.  He has a young wife, young baby and I’m sure she is bitching at him alot too.  It’s unbelievable the amount of film you have to watch to be ready to call plays in the SEC and he doesn’t have that kind of time.  He relys on Milwee and that other QB coach to break it down and he tries to call it from that.  It won’t work at Texas.  It worked at Alabama because that’s all he was responsible for and Saban had way better players than everyone else. 

Posted

We should’ve seen this from the start when the reports out of Fall camp scrimmages were constantly Arch wasn’t as sharp as people would like yes i know we’re not expecting him to be perfect but this should’ve been predictable after the reports 

Posted (edited)

A bit of revision history. I know this won’t be well received but not even offering Mestemaker a walk on opportunity out of HS., Cam Cook from Round Rock at West Virginia has more yards than our RBs combined, UH transfer TE from UTSA Patrick Overmeyer is better than Masunas. 

Edited by Antione2713
Posted
1 hour ago, HonkEm said:

Gerry's point isn't that Arch can't play. It's that the same mistakes we all brushed off in September are now showing up in game-changing moments.

The concern isn't the interceptions themselves. Every QB throws picks. The concern is that too many of them come from trying to make a hero play when the correct play is simply living for the next down.

That said, some of this thread is acting like a 20-start QB can never improve. We literally watched Quinn make major strides from one season to the next. Arch either learns from this stretch or he doesn't, but I'm not ready to declare him a bust or fire Sark because of one awful quarter against OU.

Reading this thread you'd think Texas is 1-5 instead of coming off its first loss.

Yesterday Arch was a future No. 1 pick. Today he's a bust, Sark can't coach, and apparently Muschamp is riding in on a white horse to save the program.

Never change, message boards. 😂🤘

Not everybody was blowing off those performances. 

Posted
3 hours ago, HookemChappy said:

This is true too. On the fourth and two when we miss the field goal, I was wondering why we did not run the ball there and go for it but that’s probably just me wanting to be more aggressive and people would’ve been calling for Starks head for not taking the points if he did go for it on fourth and two and not make it. I’m sorry, but there’s a reason people are sitting in stands versus on the sideline.

Keep playing offense like this and it will be less people sitting in the stands. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted

I’m worried the HC and OC continues to refuse to simplify the scheme, playbook, and stick with what’s working. 
 

Every drive is discombobulated. Nothing is an “identity” and when something does work, he drops it. I don’t get it.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Posted
17 minutes ago, UTexas said:

It’s not an excuse but Bud makes a good point. 
 

 

That maybe true, but as Gerry said, the offense will look much better against these teams coming up on the schedule that don’t have those types of defenses.  It will be fools gold.  At some point you will have to face teams/defenses like that if they want to make a deep run, which this roster was supposedly built to do.  I don’t believe they can beat a Georgia, Alabama, Notre Dame or even Ohio State again in a potential rematch.  I think Indiana and Cignetti would out coach Sark, too.  Miami’s D isn’t good, but would they be able to keep up with their offense? 

Posted (edited)

Im leaning toward….Miamis version of Qb.   Get one thru portal thats proven, bet on the latest result!   
 

KY got a Gamer for Qb! Their leading wr last game was a freshman Darby
 

Sarks-Sabans version of stacking qbs maybe outdated .

Arch in another yr …. Might just be another Cj baxter success story once he has these 2 yrs of experience

Edited by Joe Naural
Posted

Sometimes all it takes is to look in a different direction. I'm not saying to move on from Arch, I mean literally looking towards a different direction. For whatever reason, Arch looks like a former shell of himself after ending on a high note last season. I don't know what kind of pressure he's feeling, but you can tell he's terrified of the moment. There's no hiding either because the second he gets benched, the media firestorm will begin and that's that. 

This was similar last year, and he eventually figured it out. The problem is mental and unfortunately the only way for him to get through it is to play through it. Sounds like the fanbase is ready to move on, but I really do think that would be a mistake. 

Posted
6 hours ago, RN_surgery said:

Everything falls at the feet of Sark for me. He can’t make things easy for Arch. 
 

I hope we lose out and move on from Sark. 
 

 

That's aggie level of BS if you really want to lose out then go be a fan of another team 

Posted
1 hour ago, UTexas said:

It’s not an excuse but Bud makes a good point. 
 

 

I get that, but we’re also paying this offense to compete with these type of defenses, if we make the playoffs we’re going to have to play these defensive teams way better

Posted

Seems to me that Arch is best when he's making quick over the middle throws that he can just zip in and struggles when he is in a slow developing play that requires fast decision making, So guess ones our offensive genius coach keeps calling 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
2 hours ago, GDI said:

I agree with you,  

I'm not for sitting him,  but he needs to go on to the league because he's not getting any better here.  

Ready to see what K.J. can do.   

If we hit three losses I’d move on next week

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.