Jump to content

mmdaytontexas

Supporters
  • Posts

    526
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mmdaytontexas

  1. Matter is struggling today. He can't blame this on an injury.
  2. I think LWC is going to change our modle of what a RB looks like for us. Other than Bejan, most of our good backs who can make people miss have come out of Texas. This kid is special.
  3. Thanks! I didn't remember that recruitment.
  4. @CJ Vogel CJ, who is Jalen Hale?
  5. I loved the SMU jerseys during the Pony Express days with Eric Dickerson and Craig James. Not so much this recent iteration. I like the red letters and numbers piped in blue over the plain blue numbers, as they do now.
  6. There might be a few hot takes on the portal if they watch this LWC kid run. He has so much Bejan in him with his making people miss, but with a lower center of gravity and built like a bowling ball. He reminds me of Quentin Griffin in college, who played for OU the last time they won the national championship. They are a similar size, with LWC being a little stronger, but both are quick, hide behind blockers well, and seem to bounce off tackles. LWC is a much more accomplished high school running back. QG was a home run find for Stoops. LWC is not surprising anyone.
  7. Seriously, I didn't notice that either. We looked more disciplined this year, that's for sure. Good stuff Jeff.I really enjoy your insight.
  8. I didn't notice that, but I'll take another look. We seemed to have those all day long, trying to hurry to get aligned with their tempo. I'm thankful it was so hot they were having to break tempo to sub some of their guys as well. If this was a cool day, I can only imagine how fast they would be going.
  9. On Jackson's long run, Biles blitzed on the offense's right side and got pushed up the field just like Collin was all day. The DE on that end looped inside a little and the guard sealed him. Then our DBs all playing man left the right side of the field wide open. The great scrambler that Jackson is took advantage of our bad rush integrity and coverage scheme.
  10. @Jeff Howe Jeff, who was the main coverage person on Smith last year? Who caught the long TD over Gillbeaux, and a couple of other big passes? I'm afraid I was having flashbacks watching Bo Mascot yesterday. He seemed to be a step behind all have long.
  11. Wisconsin has a bad defense.
  12. That is what the officials said. The results were released at midnight. The WMU President said he met with everybody involved, and he said nothing was unfair with the ending. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/49851734/unfair-last-play
  13. WMU President said their was nothing unfair with the end of the game. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/49851734/unfair-last-play
  14. When the field clock which is synced to the TV clock said 9 seconds. There was actually 10 on the official clock. No one checked until the review. Their official clock is synced to their replay equipment so they can see 1/100ths of time, frame by frame. They said when the WMU player touched the ball there was one second on their official clock.
  15. They say there is an official one in the booth. It is supposed to be synced to the field clock, but somehow they got off.
  16. They are now saying the clock in the stadium was 1 second off from the official clock the replay booth had access to, and when the ball touched the WMU player, there was one second left. They showed the evidence at around midnight after the entire country called then crooks. They got it right. Heartbreaker for WMU.
  17. Man, you sound bitter. What did the Frats or Sororities ever do to you to cause the disdain and bitterness? People that join these organizations choose to do, so for their own reasons using their own money. My little brother in the Delts became a life long friend of mine. He was on scholarship and could not afford the dues. The Delts gave him room, board, and fully paid dues in exchange for helping the House Mom with anything she needed to keep the house going, specifically in the kitchen and dining room. They even have him spending money to help with his consumables and social life. He wanted to belong because we liked him and he liked us and he made many friends and business connections. The guy before he died this year was very successful in life making millions, and many of his connections and friends came through his fraternity. If he was still alive, I'm sure he would tell why it was important to him.
  18. I beg to differ. There are life long friendships made and valuable business connections for some.
  19. Legacy for one, and social connections for another.
  20. Yeah, I hate to admit it, but we did some really stupid things as 18- to 20-year-olds in our fraternity.
  21. Damn, that could get them expelled for a dumb juvenile act, probably trying to impress their friends.
  22. They were not great at that last year, were they? They made gay on that defense and I'm the passing game. They reminded me of those Stoops teams in the late 2000s.
  23. Ohio State looking like #1 despite losing all those pros.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.