One Major Thing (Please read)

4 minutes ago, Realist Horn said:

Is David Pierce fair game? I’m joking, kind of. 

keep the board clean and civil. 

I'm not in either of the keep Pierce or fire Pierce camps, but what he's done in conference play with always dropping the first game and always winning the series is one of the most impressive things I've seen from Texas baseball

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, lloydchristmas said:

I'm not in either of the keep Pierce or fire Pierce camps, but what he's done in conference play with always dropping the first game and always winning the series is one of the most impressive things I've seen from Texas baseball

So we cannot beat #1s, ok, gotcha thanks

• Hook 'Em 1

Keep it clean and fun....that's the environment that allows growth! And hopefully this board, outside of the Gerry command center picture, doesn't pick up lame memes that other boards have such as "On Player X."

Love the board, love the content. Keep up the great work guys 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

He just won another series. 🙂

Currently sitting in 4th place in a terrible Big 12.... The bigger question does he have the roster SEC ready?  And that answer is a resounding NO.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Currently sitting in 4th place in a terrible Big 12.... The bigger question does he have the roster SEC ready?  And that answer is a resounding NO.

No one is saying he's perfect.

But the idea that he suddenly forgot how to coach baseball after going to the CWS four years is kind of bizarre. Could he be doing a better job of building the roster? Fair question. Acting overly dramatic like he's some sort of bozo is not fair IMO.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Open to that dialogue and that's what needs to be discussed. Name calling doesn't need to be part of that.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Thanks 1

Bobby, that's great to hear! Your team definitely provides the best coverage of Longhorn sports and recruiting.  This message board was a great addition to supplement your video content.

I am glad you put this message out there, as I see the number of members growing here daily, including some members from competing sites that have brought little value to those boards for years.  I'm hoping they can become more positive contributors here and leave behind their tiresome shticks.

Edited by Chewie
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, lloydchristmas said:

I'm not a Pierce hater, but there's nothing impressive about "always dropping the first game".   It's sad he has to sweep the last two games to get a series win (even at home), although I credit him for getting the wins.

Pierce decided to take over pitching this year and pitching has been an abomination. He takes a hit for that.

• Hook 'Em 1