ChickenAndPancakes Posted 56 minutes ago Posted 56 minutes ago 10 minutes ago, dlp1123 said: The reality of Texas under Sark: We can beat anyone We can lose to anyone We'll very rarely score more than 24+ against a good team (legitimate top 15 team) For us to be a playoff team we need an elite defense We will mostly be the most penalized and give up the most turnovers Our special teams will either be a net negative or neutral vs our opponents (a good field goal kicker or a great punt returner doesn't hide all defects) Our run game will look good for a period of time and then we will completely abandon it for an entire quarter while we go three and out three times in a row apart from a second and 12. We'll have better offensive NFL prospects than our opponents defense prospects and vis versa I love Sark as our head coach but I think he is vastly overated as our OC. I want someone to please provide me with statistics that show I am wrong. I don't want to believe this but I watch everyday and I just see it far too often. I agree that he can scheme up a few plays that show up on tick tock where ESPN will laud him for his play development. In times where we need to run the clock out, we will continually snap the ball with 15 plus seconds on the play clock Sorry, I just need to get these thoughts out as I have had them for 3 plus years. Just can't hold it back any longer after this game. My dad just got diagnosed with ALS and he and I watched our first OU game in decades. I will never watch this game again for the rest of my life. To listen to all of the pundits say that the only way we can lose this game is if a meteor struck the Earth and to watch it unfold is honestly an embarrassment. I love Texas football and will support it no matter what but this loss was just too much. I honestly don't think I can watch another game this season. Each game is an unnecessary heart attack that doesn't need to happen. But what I've learned mostly under sark is that each game you better have your defibrillator ready to go. Can't do it anymore @dlp1123 go look at the comment i made on page 4. It shows how we have gone downhill since Sark and even Herman improved every year and put up more points. Quote
HookemFromOkc Posted 55 minutes ago Posted 55 minutes ago Sark does not have a killer instinct after all. Not like Kirby or Cignetti. I thought maybe he did after Ohio state...I was wrong. I am not a gambler, but I really wonder if Texas "sold" today. Quote
Chop Posted 53 minutes ago Posted 53 minutes ago Nah I’m tired f our QB’s regressing. Arch has gotten worse. Ewers doesn’t develop like he should’ve either. If I’m a QB I’m not going to Texas until Milwee is gone. 1 Quote
HookemChappy Posted 51 minutes ago Posted 51 minutes ago 5 minutes ago, mmdaytontexas said: Sark firing PK was a joke. What a huge scapegoat for refusing to admit where the real problems are. Muschamp's defense is just marginally better, but our offense and special teams are regressing and Sark had his head under the pillow. I don’t think we have been watching the same defense. Marginally better? Come on! 1 1 Quote
HookemChappy Posted 49 minutes ago Posted 49 minutes ago Arch should be on the Doubtful list next week. Even if he plays he is doubtful 2 Quote
mmdaytontexas Posted 47 minutes ago Posted 47 minutes ago 1 minute ago, HookemChappy said: I don’t think we have been watching the same defense. Marginally better? Come on! The rankings at this point in the season they are virtually ranked the same. Muschamp's just a little higher. Like I said, marginally better. Also, PK's defense allowed how many points to BlowU last year? Quote
Realist Horn Posted 47 minutes ago Posted 47 minutes ago When will Sark allow Arch to audible? We stayed in pass plays when OU had 4 man boxes….i haven’t seen or heard anyone tell me Arch audibled to a hot route or changed a route like Quinn did against ASU to Bolden. Arch just runs what Sark calls - he’s a robot. 1 Quote
Parth Brooks Posted 45 minutes ago Posted 45 minutes ago @Califashorn75 you’re right, but this thread probably isn’t the right place for an “it is what it is” comment. None of us would be on here if the purpose of these message threads were to preach generalities with no emotion. We get enough of that from ESPN and your local ABC sports newscaster. Quote
HookemChappy Posted 45 minutes ago Posted 45 minutes ago 1 minute ago, Realist Horn said: When will Sark allow Arch to audible? We stayed in pass plays when OU had 4 man boxes….i haven’t seen or heard anyone tell me Arch audibled to a hot route or changed a route like Quinn did against ASU to Bolden. Arch just runs what Sark calls - he’s a robot. You are making the assumption that Sark isn’t allowing him. We already know that he has audibled out of plays before. He is just not that great at processing. Quote
Realist Horn Posted 43 minutes ago Posted 43 minutes ago Just now, HookemChappy said: You are making the assumption that Sark isn’t allowing him. We already know that he has audibled out of plays before. He is just not that great at processing. When have you seen him audible out of a play? Slide protection, sure. But from a run to a pass? Not sure I’ve seen that. Quote
HookemChappy Posted 43 minutes ago Posted 43 minutes ago 3 minutes ago, mmdaytontexas said: The rankings at this point in the season they are virtually ranked the same. Muschamp's just a little higher. Like I said, marginally better. Also, PK's defense allowed how many points to BlowU last year? You think PKs defense would have allowed us to win OSU and Tenn game. Defense is not the problem go back and watch the short field the scored on Quote
Moderators Jeff Howe Posted 42 minutes ago Author Moderators Posted 42 minutes ago This feeling sucks. That's not a good Oklahoma team that Texas lost to today. 3 Quote
mmdaytontexas Posted 42 minutes ago Posted 42 minutes ago (edited) 1 minute ago, HookemChappy said: You think PKs defense would have allowed us to win OSU and Tenn game. Defense is not the problem go back and watch the short field the scored on Yes, he did against OSU last year. We didn't play Tennessee, but I'm pretty sure we could have done just as good. Edited 40 minutes ago by mmdaytontexas 1 Quote
HookemChappy Posted 41 minutes ago Posted 41 minutes ago (edited) 3 minutes ago, Realist Horn said: When have you seen him audible out of a play? Slide protection, sure. But from a run to a pass? Not sure I’ve seen that. I haven’t seen it. Nobody does. But it was reported in the UTSA game that on of our runs was an audible by Arch. Sark said so in the presser. Edited 39 minutes ago by HookemChappy Quote
CoachBobbyFinstock Posted 41 minutes ago Posted 41 minutes ago (edited) This was a catastrophic loss because of our schedule. There are much better teams ahead. Sarkisian the OC isn’t getting it done. Banks the ST coach isn’t getting it done. 2/3 of the units on team is failing. It’s not getting better nor is it being fixed. The biggest issue is Sarkisian’s pride of wanting to be an OC that calls plays trumping his desire to be a championship HC. It’s a valid question. He won’t change even when its stating him in the face. No one has spent more money on his side of the ball and having the most 3 and outs in the SEC shows a total lack of consistency. Edited 40 minutes ago by CoachBobbyFinstock 1 Quote
Moderators Jeff Howe Posted 37 minutes ago Author Moderators Posted 37 minutes ago This is also Texas' third consecutive loss coming out of a bye week. The Florida and Georgia losses last season came after byes. What the heck is happening on the Forty Acres during the bye week? 2 1 Quote
NTX_Horn Posted 34 minutes ago Posted 34 minutes ago 3 minutes ago, Jeff Howe said: This is also Texas' third consecutive loss coming out of a bye week. The Florida and Georgia losses last season came after byes. What the heck is happening on the Forty Acres during the bye week? This: Quote
tedsel76 Posted 32 minutes ago Posted 32 minutes ago 4 minutes ago, Jeff Howe said: This is also Texas' third consecutive loss coming out of a bye week. The Florida and Georgia losses last season came after byes. What the heck is happening on the Forty Acres during the bye week? Have to assume that the message wasn’t being delivered without there being a loss to really get their attention. At least that’s what I’m hoping, otherwise we’re in for a long one. 1 Quote
Moderators Jeff Howe Posted 28 minutes ago Author Moderators Posted 28 minutes ago 4 minutes ago, tedsel76 said: Have to assume that the message wasn’t being delivered without there being a loss to really get their attention. At least that’s what I’m hoping, otherwise we’re in for a long one. If that's the case, then I don't want to hear anything else about how they block out the noise or "be enamored with us." If the standard is the standard, this team isn't playing to it and that has nothing to do with the opponent. 1 1 Quote
SB21 Posted 26 minutes ago Posted 26 minutes ago 1 hour ago, Arch2025 said: Jeff Banks didn’t lose this. He sux AZZ… but arch is the problem till he leaves. Spin some other bs…but the elephant in the room is Arch “ Deer in the headlightsManning” begins and ends with your QB What’s frustrating to watch is the inexperience or very bad throws that Arch just flings around at this point in his career…. Gotta be smarter with the ball Quote
SB21 Posted 25 minutes ago Posted 25 minutes ago 2 minutes ago, Jeff Howe said: If that's the case, then I don't want to hear anything else about how they block out the noise or "be enamored with us." If the standard is the standard, this team isn't playing to it and that has nothing to do with the opponent. Very well said Jeff. Quote
Threepacballer Posted 25 minutes ago Posted 25 minutes ago 8 minutes ago, Jeff Howe said: This is also Texas' third consecutive loss coming out of a bye week. The Florida and Georgia losses last season came after byes. What the heck is happening on the Forty Acres during the bye week? Coaching staff recruiting as reported. Guess current players don’t need any coaching since we win so easily Quote
Moderators Jeff Howe Posted 21 minutes ago Author Moderators Posted 21 minutes ago I think I'm gonna go do beer bongs of Pepto-Bismol the rest of the night. Who's with me? Quote
RyanRoger Posted 20 minutes ago Posted 20 minutes ago Man in the mirror moment. Do we get smacked in the mouth and respond. Or will we continue to regress. I hope we can respond. Unfortunately now we get a wounded dog in Florida who will play with nothing to lose. sark. Where is the hot routes the quick game. Anything to deal with the blitz. Please stop big game hunting. Quote
Parth Brooks Posted 18 minutes ago Posted 18 minutes ago (edited) 3 minutes ago, Jeff Howe said: I think I'm gonna go do beer bongs of Pepto-Bismol the rest of the night. Who's with me? Was thinking Clorox but Pepto seems a little less aggressive Edited 18 minutes ago by Parth Brooks Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.