Gabe Ikard says to attack Hill…thoughts?

Ant Hill isn’t perfect. Very splashy player, makes a ton of awesome plays… but has been off and on in coverage/run fits. He had a great game against ULM and a not-so-good game about Miss State. Film doesn’t lie. I tend to disagree with Gabe, but this take isn’t egregious. 

Edited by CaseMcCoyTruther

1 hour ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

He thinks Ant Hill will play like Jaylan Ford did last season in Dallas.  No way that happens.  This is way more bulletin board material than what Colin Simmons said about OU post-MSST game.

What did Simmons say?

14 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

Dropping this here – Danny Stutsman leads all linebackers in missed tackles this year per PFF.

I was about to say, watching Gabe Ikard run his mouth about Hill while constantly talking up Stutsman is quite rich. If you need a LB to show up 8 yards down the field, maybe make a tackle, and then prance around like he’s accomplished something, Danny Stutsman is your guy. 

• Hook 'Em 4

All I know is Texas better show up this year. Tired of seeing OU beat Texas year after year…who gives a F what the OU guy says. Their fan base has big bragging rights over UT and it needs to stop. I hope Sark is motivated to change how this game ends up every year. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Ant overruns plays at times and misses his gap more than I'd like. But when he guesses/reads it right, he's a big time problem for the other team.

His assessment isn't wrong, he's just an asshole.

Maybe ikeard should line up across from hill in a good ole fashioned Oklahoma drill and let’s see how his perspective changes drastically 

2 hours ago, THookem said:

To be fair we haven’t played a game yet where we needed to bring it with blitzes, that includes smacking Michigan. I’d like to see our success rate when we do. 

Edited by Hashtag

The criticism is based in reasonable analysis, but it's overdone. As noted above, the criminals can't really run the ball, and they certainly can't pass it much either. They must rely on Hawkins running around on broken plays. That's where Hill will shine. Hawkins is a good athlete, but he's not running away from Hill. Better chance that Hill puts a few bruises on Hawkins than the criminals somehow take "advantage" of Hill.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, rgvhorn80 said:

All I know is Texas better show up this year. Tired of seeing OU beat Texas year after year…who gives a F what the OU guy says. Their fan base has big bragging rights over UT and it needs to stop. I hope Sark is motivated to change how this game ends up every year. 

63-14, 65-13, 55-17, and 63-21 still give me nightmares.  Then I remember 45-12 and 49-0 and it makes me feel better.  Still owe them at least two more

2 hours ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

Those morons also said they rather play against Quinn than play against Arch. I think they’ll eat those words.

The 3 star, and their elite 11 champion and generational talented QB in the 2023 class