Beldar Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago 52 minutes ago, Jarveaux said: I’m done with anyone on OTF that Questions our coach . Sark has forgotten more about football than anyone on OTF will ever know. Please remove me from this forum. I’m too old to continue listening to this bullshit about Sark . We are so fortunate he’s our coach. Guess all fan bases have folks that think they are Nick Saban on chat lines. On some of the insane comments, have doubts they are Horn fans. Trolls probably. 1 Quote
Beldar Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago 38 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said: Though I tend to agree with you this is not the University of Sark. Know there are things we need to get better at in a hurry with our schedule but attacking our coaches and players when ranked No. 1 and unbeaten with two ranked wins seems too much. Hook em 2 Quote
MBHORNSFAN Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago 6 minutes ago, Beldar said: Know there are things we need to get better at in a hurry with our schedule but attacking our coaches and players when ranked No. 1 and unbeaten with two ranked wins seems too much. Hook em All fair. Quote
Hooked4Life Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago You candy ass cry babies whining about the offense are a joke. We’re 4-0 and best ball is ahead. Leave the comments to the adults while you take out your pathetic insecurities elsewhere. This is SEC football… not high tea. 5 2 1 Quote
Rick Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago 2 hours ago, Connor Vaughn said: I think we all can agree that we aren’t the No. 1 team in America right now. Sure we have the best looking resume through 4 weeks, but our eyes don’t lie. This offense is putrid. I don’t agree with this. No one else has been challenged like we have. We haven’t dominated, but when we had to perform , we did: 2nd half against OSU, answering score against Tennessee, shutting them down after the onside kick. When someone else does that against quality opposition, then they can make a case. Until then, I won’t apologize for our being No. 1. 3 Quote
kren Posted 6 hours ago Posted 6 hours ago 1 hour ago, BurntOrangeHorn said: Résumé is the noun for which you grasp. Resume is a verb. 🤘🏻🤘🏼🤘🤘🏽🤘🏾🤘🏿 I think everyone understood what I was saying anyway. Don’t be pedantic. 2 Quote
hookem1014 Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago 3 hours ago, BurntOrangeHorn said: Résumé is the noun for which you grasp. Resume is a verb. 🤘🏻🤘🏼🤘🤘🏽🤘🏾🤘🏿 Oh brother 🙄 2 1 Quote
Thanos72 Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago 5 hours ago, HookemChappy said: Quoting Sark. “That’s how losers think.” Quoting reality: he’s right. It’s so ignorant, or whatever word, to deny we are clearly not the best team in the country right now. It’s objectively true. Top 5 defense. Very mid and inconsistent offense. We beat number one but that was also only one good quarter of football and the heat. Also, who gives a 💩 about the ranking? Not anyone serious right now though that could include some of the team with the antics and a coach tweeting pics with cigars. We have more cigar tweets than playoff wins under Sark. 3 1 Quote
Neil Leininger Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago (edited) My computer poll through week 4, week 6-8 (when most teams will have 6 data points) is when I will start to have full confidence in the algo(s), so I am still seeing some funny things, with their computed SOS. Florida (21) Texas (9) Mississippi State (7) Alabama (5) Notre Dame (11) Oregon (15) Oklahoma State (23) Miami (FL) (67) Auburn (2) Pittsburgh (98) LSU (3) Ole Miss (1) Georgia (74) Cincinnati (97) USC (28) UCLA (17) Utah (86) Texas Tech (113) Duke (84) BYU (106) Boise State (61) Indiana (126) Virgina Tech (81) Nebraska (128) Ohio State (19) Edited 3 hours ago by Neil Leininger 1 Quote
CoachBobbyFinstock Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago I’m really glad we get Florida, Ole Miss and Miss St at home. 1 Quote
SuperDave0805 Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago 7 hours ago, Connor Vaughn said: I think we all can agree that we aren’t the No. 1 team in America right now. Sure we have the best looking resume through 4 weeks, but our eyes don’t lie. This offense is putrid. And there is no excuse for the offense to be this bad when you have a QB that has NFL talent . Two WRs who will be drafted, A probable 1st Rd tackle and two NFL caliber RBs Quote
HonkEm Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 7 hours ago, Connor Vaughn said: I think we all can agree that we aren’t the No. 1 team in America right now. Sure we have the best looking resume through 4 weeks, but our eyes don’t lie. This offense is putrid. The offense has issues, no doubt, but the resume is the resume. Beating ranked teams on the road while holding an SEC offense to 1.6 yards per rush is exactly why voters put Texas at No. 1. Eye test matters, but winning big games matters more. The bye week is where Sark usually cleans things up --- let’s see what it looks like coming out of Dallas. 2 Quote
UT Longhorn Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 2 hours ago, Neil Leininger said: My computer poll through week 4, week 6-8 (when most teams will have 6 data points) is when I will start to have full confidence in the algo(s), so I am still seeing some funny things, with their computed SOS. Florida (21) Texas (9) Mississippi State (7) Alabama (5) Notre Dame (11) Oregon (15) Oklahoma State (23) Miami (FL) (67) Auburn (2) Pittsburgh (98) LSU (3) Ole Miss (1) Georgia (74) Cincinnati (97) USC (28) UCLA (17) Utah (86) Texas Tech (113) Duke (84) BYU (106) Boise State (61) Indiana (126) Virgina Tech (81) Nebraska (128) Ohio State (19) BYU's rank looks a lot more realistic here, even if Ohio State's does not 1 Quote
HonkEm Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 7 hours ago, HookEmLonghorns said: We earned #1. Results against good teams matter more than looking good against bad teams. I’m glad people vote on strength of record and not just the eye test. If it was the other way around, the college football season would eventually be full of even more cupcakes and boring games. As a fan with no real stakes in the game, I feel blessed that we have so many big games Sep-Dec. It’s so much more fun (as a non-doomer) to watch multiple huge matchups every month, instead of boring Notre Dame type games. It would be so lame for them if they lose in the first round or two of the cfp because they’re not battle tested at all. We are by far the most battle tested undefeated team right now. That’s why we’re #1 🤘 Exactly. Strength of record is the whole point of September rankings. Texas has beaten more quality opponents than anyone else, and doing it on the road matters. Battle‑tested teams survive the back half of the season --- and this SEC stretch is going to prove who’s real. Quote
HonkEm Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 6 hours ago, Willj56 said: lol 🤡 sheet post right here. Sark, nor this coaching staff is infallible. There is 6 years of product proof. There are blaring issues that only need a basic understanding of football to understand. It doesn’t take a football savant to understand that Conor Robertson is a detriment to the OL and needs to be benched. It doesn’t take a football savant to recognize Arch has moments of utter, inexplicable stupidity. It doesn’t take a football savant to realize that Sark and the offensive staff are failing the team. Nobody’s saying the staff is infallible, but calling the whole offense a failure after a road win over a ranked SEC team feels like heat‑of‑the‑moment stuff. Robertson struggled, Arch had rough moments, and Sark’s sequencing wasn’t sharp -- all true. But the defense bought them time, and good teams win ugly. The fixes are obvious and doable. Quote
HonkEm Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago BTW Jeff, appreciate the full breakdown. The defensive numbers you highlighted really tell the story -- holding Tennessee to 2.9 yards per play and Simmons tying the single‑game sack record is absurd production. This team has earned every bit of that No. 1 ranking, and the bye week couldn’t come at a better time with the SEC gauntlet ahead. Good stuff as always. 2 Quote
AusMOJO Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago No surprise to me. I know people say we shouldn't be #1 but I disagree. They have their issues and I do agree they are actual issues but they've still earned the ranking. @Jeff Howe or anyone else, did Tech drop in the rankings? I could've swore they were higher but maybe I'm misremembering things. 1 Quote
UT Longhorn Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 2 hours ago, Neil Leininger said: My computer poll through week 4, week 6-8 (when most teams will have 6 data points) is when I will start to have full confidence in the algo(s), so I am still seeing some funny things, with their computed SOS. Florida (21) Texas (9) Mississippi State (7) Alabama (5) Notre Dame (11) Oregon (15) Oklahoma State (23) Miami (FL) (67) Auburn (2) Pittsburgh (98) LSU (3) Ole Miss (1) Georgia (74) Cincinnati (97) USC (28) UCLA (17) Utah (86) Texas Tech (113) Duke (84) BYU (106) Boise State (61) Indiana (126) Virgina Tech (81) Nebraska (128) Ohio State (19) One more thing, Go Stros! 1 Quote
Clifton Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago I don’t know if Texas is the best team in the country; but I really don’t know who would be either. To say “objectively” and put out something completely subjective based on an exceptionally subjective poll is quite the choice. 🤘🏼 Quote
Neil Leininger Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 1 minute ago, UT Longhorn said: One more thing, Go Stros! We should petition MLB to play our home playoff games in Sacramento. 1 Quote
HonkEm Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 7 hours ago, Jarveaux said: I’m done with anyone on OTF that Questions our coach . Sark has forgotten more about football than anyone on OTF will ever know. Please remove me from this forum. I’m too old to continue listening to this bullshit about Sark . We are so fortunate he’s our coach. Jarveaux, you’re way too good a poster to lose from this place. You’ve always brought passion, perspective, and a lifetime of Longhorn experience that makes OTF better. Nobody expects blind loyalty --- people just see things differently sometimes. We’re all pulling for Texas, and voices like yours are part of what makes this forum worth reading. Hope you stick around. 2 Quote
Thanos72 Posted 46 minutes ago Posted 46 minutes ago 7 hours ago, Jarveaux said: I’m done with anyone on OTF that Questions our coach . Sark has forgotten more about football than anyone on OTF will ever know. Please remove me from this forum. I’m too old to continue listening to this bullshit about Sark . We are so fortunate he’s our coach. Why are you a member of something that thrives on different perspectives and opinions? Every P4 coach in the history of ever has known more. We yall at clouds and the tv anytime the perceived talent outweighs the results. It’s simple and fun to try to figure it out. I doubt anyone here truly thinks they speak from a position of superiority to Sark. We enter this forum knowing we are arm chair, pseudo coaches taking out the backside. It doesn’t mean the opinions are completely off as the proverbial blind squirrel but no one knows the game or locker room better than just about any actual coach (though I know we are blessed with some here!). Good night nurse. Is this sark’s burner? Lolol Quote
Moderators Jeff Howe Posted 43 minutes ago Author Moderators Posted 43 minutes ago 44 minutes ago, AusMOJO said: No surprise to me. I know people say we shouldn't be #1 but I disagree. They have their issues and I do agree they are actual issues but they've still earned the ranking. @Jeff Howe or anyone else, did Tech drop in the rankings? I could've swore they were higher but maybe I'm misremembering things. Yes. They dropped one spot to No. 12. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.