Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
29 minutes ago, AusMOJO said:

I love Taaffe's whole story. From walk on to starting NFL S as a rookie. 

Remarkable.  I've been thinking he was maxxing out at each stage.  He keeps proving me wrong.

  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Jeff Howe changed the title to Michael Taaffe making an impact as a rookie
Posted

Not just a walk on. I think it is more impressive that he was on the B team freshman team and B team JV as a sophomore in high school. It is a crazy good story that he even made it as a walk on at a P4 school, much less going on to a pro career. 

  • Hook 'Em 6
Posted
56 minutes ago, bevocbs said:

Not just a walk on. I think it is more impressive that he was on the B team freshman team and B team JV as a sophomore in high school. It is a crazy good story that he even made it as a walk on at a P4 school, much less going on to a pro career. 

I watched him at Westlake and he was an absolute stud on those championship teams. Played both ways and made plays on both sides. Didn't know he was on the B team's though. Inspiration for those kids for sure. 

Posted
37 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

I thought he was maxed out with his potential in college, But i was wrong. Thought the athletes would be way too big, fast and strong for him at the NFL level. 

Athleticism is important but between the ears, especially at S helps a ton. 

  • Hook 'Em 3
Posted
1 hour ago, TexasTom said:

Remarkable.  I've been thinking he was maxxing out at each stage.  He keeps proving me wrong.

Texas would've had two starting rookies if not for Trey Moore's unfortunate injury. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
55 minutes ago, bevocbs said:

Not just a walk on. I think it is more impressive that he was on the B team freshman team and B team JV as a sophomore in high school. It is a crazy good story that he even made it as a walk on at a P4 school, much less going on to a pro career. 

Remember Taaffe was a prominent WR for Cade Klubnik in High School too. He played both WR and DB in all the games.

🤘🏻🤘🏼🤘🤘🏽🤘🏾🤘🏿

  • Hook 'Em 2
Posted
6 minutes ago, BurntOrangeHorn said:

Remember Taaffe was a prominent WR for Cade Klubnik in High School too. He played both WR and DB in all the games.

🤘🏻🤘🏼🤘🤘🏽🤘🏾🤘🏿

Yeah he had an amazing game against North Shore in the semi's one year. Was incredible to watch. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
9 hours ago, Jeff Howe said:

Taaffe had six tackles (four solos) in the Dolphins' loss to the Vikings on Sunday:

 

This guy is a total gamer, over achiever and great character player that elevates others. Thanks for the update.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Posted (edited)

I remember on some interview in college Taaffe spoke about his goals along the way to win a state championship, earn a scholardhip, and get to the NFL . At the time he had reached 2 of those goals, now he has achieved them ALL.  I didn’t  know for sure  in the interview if he would be able make to the NFL or not, but what mattered is what he thought, not any limits anyone else put on him .  Good for you, Taaffe! ! 

Edited by Austalgia
  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted

Yo only one reason he didn't get offered a scholarship to any big schools

 

 

November 05, 2020: Commitment

Michael Taaffe commits to Rice, accepting an offer as a preferred walk-on for the Owls.

 

October 14, 2020: Offer

Brown Bears offer Michael Taaffe

 

August 27, 2020: Offer

Colgate Raiders offer Michael Taaffe

Posted
On 10/4/2026 at 8:19 PM, AusMOJO said:

I love Taaffe's whole story. From walk on to starting NFL S as a rookie. 

Amen.

What a great lesson to all on how diligent hard work and faith in the process pays off.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
On 10/4/2026 at 8:19 PM, AusMOJO said:

I love Taaffe's whole story. From walk on to starting NFL S as a rookie. 

I watched the kid from his junior year on,  No way should he have ever been a walk-on

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.