Moderators Jeff Howe Posted Monday at 12:35 AM Moderators Posted Monday at 12:35 AM Taaffe had six tackles (four solos) in the Dolphins' loss to the Vikings on Sunday: 14 Quote
AusMOJO Posted Monday at 01:19 AM Posted Monday at 01:19 AM I love Taaffe's whole story. From walk on to starting NFL S as a rookie. 22 Quote
TexasTom Posted Monday at 01:49 AM Posted Monday at 01:49 AM 29 minutes ago, AusMOJO said: I love Taaffe's whole story. From walk on to starting NFL S as a rookie. Remarkable. I've been thinking he was maxxing out at each stage. He keeps proving me wrong. 9 Quote
bevocbs Posted Monday at 02:48 AM Posted Monday at 02:48 AM Not just a walk on. I think it is more impressive that he was on the B team freshman team and B team JV as a sophomore in high school. It is a crazy good story that he even made it as a walk on at a P4 school, much less going on to a pro career. 7 Quote
NothinButDaHorns34 Posted Monday at 03:08 AM Posted Monday at 03:08 AM I thought he was maxed out with his potential in college, But i was wrong. Thought the athletes would be way too big, fast and strong for him at the NFL level. 1 Quote
AusMOJO Posted Monday at 03:45 AM Posted Monday at 03:45 AM 56 minutes ago, bevocbs said: Not just a walk on. I think it is more impressive that he was on the B team freshman team and B team JV as a sophomore in high school. It is a crazy good story that he even made it as a walk on at a P4 school, much less going on to a pro career. I watched him at Westlake and he was an absolute stud on those championship teams. Played both ways and made plays on both sides. Didn't know he was on the B team's though. Inspiration for those kids for sure. 1 Quote
AusMOJO Posted Monday at 03:45 AM Posted Monday at 03:45 AM 37 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said: I thought he was maxed out with his potential in college, But i was wrong. Thought the athletes would be way too big, fast and strong for him at the NFL level. Athleticism is important but between the ears, especially at S helps a ton. 3 Quote
AusMOJO Posted Monday at 03:46 AM Posted Monday at 03:46 AM 1 hour ago, TexasTom said: Remarkable. I've been thinking he was maxxing out at each stage. He keeps proving me wrong. Texas would've had two starting rookies if not for Trey Moore's unfortunate injury. 2 Quote
BurntOrangeHorn Posted Monday at 03:47 AM Posted Monday at 03:47 AM 55 minutes ago, bevocbs said: Not just a walk on. I think it is more impressive that he was on the B team freshman team and B team JV as a sophomore in high school. It is a crazy good story that he even made it as a walk on at a P4 school, much less going on to a pro career. Remember Taaffe was a prominent WR for Cade Klubnik in High School too. He played both WR and DB in all the games. 🤘🏻🤘🏼🤘🤘🏽🤘🏾🤘🏿 2 Quote
AusMOJO Posted Monday at 03:53 AM Posted Monday at 03:53 AM 6 minutes ago, BurntOrangeHorn said: Remember Taaffe was a prominent WR for Cade Klubnik in High School too. He played both WR and DB in all the games. 🤘🏻🤘🏼🤘🤘🏽🤘🏾🤘🏿 Yeah he had an amazing game against North Shore in the semi's one year. Was incredible to watch. 1 Quote
ClubWhatever Posted Monday at 10:25 AM Posted Monday at 10:25 AM Unfortunately he’s on an 0-4 team Quote
TexasMDcoach Posted Monday at 10:33 AM Posted Monday at 10:33 AM 9 hours ago, Jeff Howe said: Taaffe had six tackles (four solos) in the Dolphins' loss to the Vikings on Sunday: This guy is a total gamer, over achiever and great character player that elevates others. Thanks for the update. 2 Quote
Deep in the heart Posted Monday at 02:18 PM Posted Monday at 02:18 PM Mook is one of my all time favorite Horn. There needs to be a movie about his story. 1 Quote
Califashorn75 Posted yesterday at 01:11 AM Posted yesterday at 01:11 AM He believed in himself and worked hard. He's a testament to our development of players and his Mamba mentality. Longhorn Legend for sure. Quote
Austalgia Posted yesterday at 01:43 AM Posted yesterday at 01:43 AM (edited) I remember on some interview in college Taaffe spoke about his goals along the way to win a state championship, earn a scholardhip, and get to the NFL . At the time he had reached 2 of those goals, now he has achieved them ALL. I didn’t know for sure in the interview if he would be able make to the NFL or not, but what mattered is what he thought, not any limits anyone else put on him . Good for you, Taaffe! ! Edited yesterday at 01:45 AM by Austalgia 1 Quote
Thorn007 Posted 23 hours ago Posted 23 hours ago Yo only one reason he didn't get offered a scholarship to any big schools November 05, 2020: Commitment Michael Taaffe commits to Rice, accepting an offer as a preferred walk-on for the Owls. October 14, 2020: Offer Brown Bears offer Michael Taaffe August 27, 2020: Offer Colgate Raiders offer Michael Taaffe 1 Quote
PaulieD Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago On 10/4/2026 at 8:19 PM, AusMOJO said: I love Taaffe's whole story. From walk on to starting NFL S as a rookie. Amen. What a great lesson to all on how diligent hard work and faith in the process pays off. 1 Quote
Purplehorn3 Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago On 10/4/2026 at 8:19 PM, AusMOJO said: I love Taaffe's whole story. From walk on to starting NFL S as a rookie. I watched the kid from his junior year on, No way should he have ever been a walk-on 1 Quote
AusMOJO Posted 39 minutes ago Posted 39 minutes ago 5 hours ago, Purplehorn3 said: I watched the kid from his junior year on, No way should he have ever been a walk-on I don't disagree with you. He played both ways and was an absolute stud for those championship teams at Westlake under Todd Dodge. I think PK and Gideon noticed that when they saw him. Quote
FatherofMinky Posted 31 minutes ago Posted 31 minutes ago He continues to amaze. He’ll continue to out work those more physically talented than him. He is the personification of what determination & persistence can help one accomplish. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.