Dr. Love Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago (edited) Hypothetically, Muschamp is head coach after Sark wins a natty and goes to the NFL. For or against? Answers from coaches who have coached high school or above preferably, but I’ll take any answers. Edited 11 hours ago by Dr. Love 2 Quote
HookedOnTF Posted 11 hours ago Posted 11 hours ago You think Lincoln Riley is bringing in Venables over Muschamp when the Cowboys hire him in 3 months? 1 Quote
jhookem91 Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago He’s a phenomenal DC, but he looked like Venables as a HC in terms of great D, disappointing O. If he could hire a great OC (both play caller and recruiter) and give him authority - a Muschamp under Sark except on offense - he could be successful, but he failed to do that at his previous stops, including Florida where he had tons of resources. 4 Quote
jhookem91 Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago With that being said, I think he will get another good (but not elite) HC opportunity within the next couple of years and will take it. Quote
westx Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago I am not sure he would every be interested in HC. Nonetheless, I love Boom, but I'll pass for him to be HC 3 Quote
AusMOJO Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago Against. He's been a great DC, not so great HC. He makes the mistake a lot of defensive minded HC's make and that is not having good OC's. 2 Quote
TexasMDcoach Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago 6 hours ago, Dr. Love said: Hypothetically, Muschamp is head coach after Sark wins a natty and goes to the NFL. For or against? Answers from coaches who have coached high school or above preferably, but I’ll take any answers. Definitely against. History needs to be a good teacher. 1 Quote
Moderators Gerry Hamilton Posted 3 hours ago Moderators Posted 3 hours ago Coach Muschamp has always been the guy hired after a legend leaves or retires. Followed Urban at Florida and Spurrier at South Carolina. It was get fired jobs, but he didn't maximize them either as others have pointed out. He probably has learned a lot in those two HC stops ... but I don't think he's interested in being a HC again. I could be proven wrong, but it would be a surprise. 7 Quote
AusMOJO Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 7 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said: Coach Muschamp has always been the guy hired after a legend leaves or retires. Followed Urban at Florida and Spurrier at South Carolina. It was get fired jobs, but he didn't maximize them either as others have pointed out. He probably has learned a lot in those two HC stops ... but I don't think he's interested in being a HC again. I could be proven wrong, but it would be a surprise. If he really has learned and he's still here when Coach Sark wants to leave, I'd take a look at him but his two previous stops with any lack of focus on the O was disappointing. I'm sure he'd jump at the chance for a job like Texas but I'm not sure he'd be interested in taking a middle of the road type of job. Quote
tfoster40 Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 15 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said: Coach Muschamp has always been the guy hired after a legend leaves or retires. Followed Urban at Florida and Spurrier at South Carolina. It was get fired jobs, but he didn't maximize them either as others have pointed out. He probably has learned a lot in those two HC stops ... but I don't think he's interested in being a HC again. I could be proven wrong, but it would be a surprise. Who would be your first call if let’s say Texas wins a natty and Sark goes to the NFL? Quote
Jarveaux Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 8 hours ago, Dr. Love said: Hypothetically, Muschamp is head coach after Sark wins a natty and goes to the NFL. For or against? Answers from coaches who have coached high school or above preferably, but I’ll take any answers. Sark won’t be leaving Texas . He feels at home in Texas . Sark is building a dynasty at Texas . Enjoy the ride ! 5 Quote
General Grant Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said: “Hear me out” = skip 💯 Quote
Dr. Love Posted 2 hours ago Author Posted 2 hours ago 8 hours ago, jhookem91 said: With that being said, I think he will get another good (but not elite) HC opportunity within the next couple of years and will take it. I agree. With the modern day landscape of college football now, I was wondering if it could be any different. 1 Quote
Dr. Love Posted 2 hours ago Author Posted 2 hours ago He has also learned under Kirby Smart and how to deal with the new landscape of college football. I'm not saying it would work, but it's definitely a possibility if he hires the right OC. 1 Quote
Dr. Love Posted 2 hours ago Author Posted 2 hours ago 1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said: Coach Muschamp has always been the guy hired after a legend leaves or retires. Followed Urban at Florida and Spurrier at South Carolina. It was get fired jobs, but he didn't maximize them either as others have pointed out. He probably has learned a lot in those two HC stops ... but I don't think he's interested in being a HC again. I could be proven wrong, but it would be a surprise. I don't think he would want it either. I was just curious since he's worked under Kirby Smart and them both being defensive guys. 1 Quote
Dr. Love Posted 2 hours ago Author Posted 2 hours ago 1 hour ago, tfoster40 said: Who would be your first call if let’s say Texas wins a natty and Sark goes to the NFL? Really just depends on who's out there at the time. I'm not saying I'd want Muschamp above anyone else. It was just a hypothetical. 1 Quote
hookem1014 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago (edited) 2 hours ago, tfoster40 said: Who would be your first call if let’s say Texas wins a natty and Sark goes to the NFL? If we don’t go after a big name, I’d look at one of the G5 CFP coaches. Small sample size so far, but Sumrall and Chesney have been doing great in year 1 of their P4 jobs. Even Cignetti could be used as a recent example. Bring in a coach with a good scheme and something to prove, along with some of the best resources in CFB. They will likely succeed. Edited 1 hour ago by hookem1014 1 Quote
jkates Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago I think the primary reason that the idea of Muschamp as a HC is a non-starter is that Muschamp does not want to be a HC. Quote
jkates Posted 51 minutes ago Posted 51 minutes ago 2 hours ago, tfoster40 said: Who would be your first call if let’s say Texas wins a natty and Sark goes to the NFL? Ryan Day Marcus Freeman 2 Quote
4thandFive Posted 39 minutes ago Posted 39 minutes ago 1. Why do think Sark is gone? 2. Why are we always trying to move on to another coach? 3. #BeatOU Quote
Dr. Love Posted 36 minutes ago Author Posted 36 minutes ago 1 minute ago, 4thandFive said: 1. Why do think Sark is gone? 2. Why are we always trying to move on to another coach? 3. #BeatOU It was a hypothetical, best case scenario, after Sark wins a natty or two. It was just a hypothetical question. Nothing serious. Sark's my guy. 2 Quote
Dr. Love Posted 35 minutes ago Author Posted 35 minutes ago 27 minutes ago, jkates said: I think the primary reason that the idea of Muschamp as a HC is a non-starter is that Muschamp does not want to be a HC. I don't think he would want to either. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.