Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, Shmatt said:

If Sark is as good as we think he is, he better have his team ready to play like OU slapped their mama. Get up early on them kill their confidence and then coast the rest of the game

Coasting is not allowed. Not at all for ou games

  • Moderators
Posted
1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

The set up to this game might be the biggest troll job ever attempted in this series.  Coach has hang dog PC, releases terrible injury report, leaks to media that they don’t feel good about game.  Meanwhile in their locker room they are saying g the exact opposite to their team and believing they are going to win.  OU never thinks they are losing to us.  It’s all bs.

I think there is a separation in the convo 

 

Coaching staff absolutely has to have their team believing they are going into the game to beat Texas, play the best game all season etc…. As they should every week 

 

And at the same time, that doesn’t mean every coach is confident in winning the game or feels like they have to have things go their way/need help from Texas

  • Hook 'Em 4
Posted (edited)

After watching Charlie Strong and Heard beat OU, anything is possible. Gimme the horns but this isn’t an easy one

Edited by Nate C
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Thanks 1
Posted
4 hours ago, 4thandFive said:

I’m sorry…I fully expect Texas to dominate.

 

We say “anything can happen in a rivalry” but how many years did OU absolutely destroy us because they just had the talent? Same now with Texas. 
 

Horns by 100.

I lack confidence because we have Sark as our OC and he has consistently sucked in that role. Has nothing to do with "anything can happen in a rivalry".

I really hope we finally put it together this week!

Unfortunately my feeling is that we won't completely turn the corner until Sark hires a Muschamp for the offense. Give me Chip Kelly please!

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
8 minutes ago, whereiend said:

I lack confidence because we have Sark as our OC and he has consistently sucked in that role. Has nothing to do with "anything can happen in a rivalry".

I really hope we finally put it together this week!

Unfortunately my feeling is that we won't completely turn the corner until Sark hires a Muschamp for the offense. Give me Chip Kelly please!

I think a lot of people have PTSD from OU of the 2000-2020. Given that, and Sark's struggles to put an explosive and consistent offense on the field, this game against a top 10 defense makes many people really nervous.

Posted
2 hours ago, Nate C said:

After watching Charlie Strong and Heard beat OU, anything is possible. Gimme the horns but this isn’t an easy one

OU fans complain about 2022 and having a TE at QB, but fail to realize we did the same thing with a WR and TE against a CFP team

Posted
Just now, rgvhorn80 said:

Anyone see Brent Venables whisper weirdly in his press conference?  That to me showed how unsure he is about the game.

Yea it was so weird , I thought it was fake/edited

Posted
17 minutes ago, camridleyfan said:

OU fans complain about 2022 and having a TE at QB, but fail to realize we did the same thing with a WR and TE against a CFP team

Miracle on Grass type story

Posted (edited)

A lot of overconfidence going into this game.  In 4 games the most yards the OU defense has given up is 303 vs Georgia.  The Georgia game score was distorted due to Mateer’s turnovers.  14 point swing when he fumbled the ball and Georgia ran 95 yards for TD and Mateer also gave Georgia a short field on another turnover.  
 

UT offense has been very inconsistent.  It will be shocked if this isn’t a 17-10 or 20-13 type if game.  Both defenses have shown to be very good. Statistically OU’s defense is ranked #5 in country which is better than UT defense.  Both offenses have struggled with OU’s ranking worse than UT.  
 

I’ve watched every Texas/OU game since I was a student at UT in 87-91.  I was their live for probably 30 of the games over the past 40 years.  I’ve seen a lot of underdog wins in this series where very few gave the underdog a chance.  This OU team and Brent V knows this is the chance to turn their season around.  I doubt they are telling anyone they are not confident in their chance to win this game.  

Edited by Lnghrn
Posted
20 minutes ago, Lnghrn said:

A lot of overconfidence going into this game.  In 4 games the most yards the OU defense has given up is 303 vs Georgia.  The Georgia game score was distorted due to Mateer’s turnovers.  14 point swing when he fumbled the ball and Georgia ran 95 yards for TD and Mateer also gave Georgia a short field on another turnover.  
 

UT offense has been very inconsistent.  It will be shocked if this isn’t a 17-10 or 20-13 type if game.  Both defenses have shown to be very good. Statistically OU’s defense is ranked #5 in country which is better than UT defense.  Both offenses have struggled with OU’s ranking worse than UT.  
 

I’ve watched every Texas/OU game since I was a student at UT in 87-91.  I was their live for probably 30 of the games over the past 40 years.  I’ve seen a lot of underdog wins in this series where very few gave the underdog a chance.  This OU team and Brent V knows this is the chance to turn their season around.  I doubt they are telling anyone they are not confident in their chance to win this game.  

Using stats that aren't adjusted for the opponent is some caveman stuff. The opponent adjusted stats show that we have a slightly better defense and significantly better offense. 

That said, it still profiles as a low scoring game and such a game could be swung by a single fluke play, eg. We're in the Red zone and Arch throws a pick 6. That's what worries me.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mmdaytontexas said:

I think a lot of people have PTSD from OU of the 2000-2020. Given that, and Sark's struggles to put an explosive and consistent offense on the field, this game against a top 10 defense makes many people really nervous.

It's not OU for me, it's Sark consistently sucking as the offensive coordinator.

Edited by whereiend

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.