Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Just now, Joe Z said:

lol whatever you say 3 dollar sub 

I think this is the most blunt everyone has been. Feels like this was the dam breaking IMO. 
 

 

Posted
3 minutes ago, ThatHornsGuy87 said:

I just dont get it. I'll say it. Arch sucks. And I dont believe its all on him. Wtf does Milwee do? He's had 2 of the highest rated high school qbs ever for multiple years, and they seemingly regressed every year. I thought that was the qb coaches job?  Flood is who we've said he is for the past 3 years. The glimpses we saw against OSU seem like a freak accident now. And Sark, for all the adapt or die talk seems like the casket is being picked out. How in the hell so you field an offense of this talent, and just be down right atrocious. Im not even looking forward to that Florida revenge now

It’s just sickening bro but we can’t be to vocal because all the people want is sunshine pumping and we will get tore down. Glad you have been with me the whole time hold the line boss 

Posted

Year 6 for Sark.  We’ve spent a ton of money on the roster.  I just don’t see any miraculously changing anytime soon.  CDC has given him everything he needs.  This may be just who we are.  A good team that can’t get over the hump. A 2-4 loss team per year.  I am not saying he needs to go because he’s picked us up from a 12 year misery of football but I just think after 6 years we are who we are 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Posted
4 minutes ago, Joe Z said:

F it I’m going to join you and Aggie Hamilton for basketball can I join you good sir 😭😭

Longhorn basketball fans are always welcomed. 

  • Sad 1
Posted
3 minutes ago, Bevos40time said:

image.thumb.png.de0bed6e4ebc11c484733c3a28020db2.png

The offense had the same set of problems with Ewers. Too much reliance on big plays which means zero rhythm and lopsided TOP. The biggest change since then is our special teams have fallen off a cliff from being ++ to somewhere between below average to terrible.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, ThatHornsGuy87 said:

I just dont get it. I'll say it. Arch sucks. And I dont believe its all on him. Wtf does Milwee do? He's had 2 of the highest rated high school qbs ever for multiple years, and they seemingly regressed every year. I thought that was the qb coaches job?  Flood is who we've said he is for the past 3 years. The glimpses we saw against OSU seem like a freak accident now. And Sark, for all the adapt or die talk seems like the casket is being picked out. How in the hell so you field an offense of this talent, and just be down right atrocious. Im not even looking forward to that Florida revenge now

I totally agree. I am a huge Sark fan. I think he is fairly honest and authentic, and there’s no denying how much better the state of the program is than when he took over.  But the issues that continue to plague this team fall squarely on Sark. The units led by his top two lieutenants he brought from Alabama have grossly underperformed for several years. And I hate to admit it, but it seems that both Quinn and Arch have regressed somewhat the longer they’ve been coached by Sark (and his third lieutenant, Milwee). 
 

Finally, I don’t think this offense has a core identity to fall bacK on in critical junctures of games. 
 

I’m rooting for Sark to succeed, but he has to perform on the field and get results. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
33 minutes ago, TCope111 said:

I’m not much of a doom and gloom fan, not really been one to blame the coaches but this one feels like we don’t have a future with Sark as a play caller. It’s very black and white to me. I think Sark’s jumbled up mess of a style has been detrimental to Arch’s development. 

Arch and Quinn were both projected to be 1st rounders at some point and never hit their ceiling .

  • Hook 'Em 3
Posted

I see a lot of Arch hate around here. And while he most certainly deserves his share of the blame, how many of you are taking into account he's a product of Sark/Milwee after 4 years?

In my opinion, I don't think Sark is taking enough blame for this himself

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted (edited)

I wanted to believe in arch but after today, it’s just too much of a sample size to ignore. He’s not a good fit for the offense and he’s just kind of average overall. He is a painfully slow processor and cannot recognize a blitz to save his life.
 

Just have to reset expectations. This is a good but not great team. Can’t win consistently when every game is a high wire act.

Edited by TheRoJoShow
  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, UT Longhorn said:

I think Sark believes his play calling and schemes are above reproach; and he could prove that to everyone if these damn kids would just execute every play the way he drew it up

The only time his toys have paid off was in 2019 at Bama. Maybe it is time to go back to the NFL if you won't give up playcalling. 

JIMBO Fischer was the last college coach to call plays and win a Natty. 

 

Yep, Jimbo

Edited by HookemFromOkc
  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
6 minutes ago, TheRoJoShow said:

I wanted to believe in arch but after today, it’s just too much of a sample size to ignore. He’s not a good fit for the offense and he’s just kind of average overall. He is a painfully slow processor and cannot recognize a blitz to save his life.
 

Just have to reset expectations. This is a good but not great team. Can’t win consistently when every game is a high wire act.

50 mil dollar roster with a 50 dollar QB. 

 

Arch Johnson would be 3 string on this roster. We are back in Chris Sims hell. 

Posted
32 minutes ago, AusMOJO said:

What should've been a 24-3 win, if not 24-10 win because of some terrible officiating. Ended up in a 27-24 loss because of bad offensive coaching and bad play by your QB. Also bad special teams play all around. 

We fired PK because he was supposedly the issue. Got another elite DC and the same issues are still persistent. 

This! Sark got rid of PK when the defense wasn't the issue. He's had every reason to send Banks and Flood packing, yet here we are...same ole story. Time for CDC and Sark to have some serious discussions. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted

Just because Sark is better than Herman, doesn't make him the answer to win a natty. Still got half a season to go and Im hoping for the best, but sark might be on the same trajectory as Herman. Hermans arrogance is what got him canned and Sark might be on the same path. I don't know who would be a better hire but we might need to find out.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Posted

Tough game OU wanted it more in the second half.

Arch looked decent outside the two interceptions, he needs to take the sack at times 

the defense gifted the one touchdown they gave up. The defense line was pushed around much of the second half, couldn’t get the stop when we needed it

the offensive line was pretty bad the third quarter 

special teams = 💩

im not a negative person and dont get the pitch fork mentality, the hardest part of being a longhorn fan is all the Dallas cowboys fans lol 🤘🏻

  • Hook 'Em 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.